Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FEW:Three Hopes models/unpack game? Or how to use Cethleann
To start I am extremely new at trying to do anything with game files, and have very little prior knowledge of coding, and haven't really understood most of what I've done so far, so please be patient with me and my questions and anything I've referred to wrong

I've tried two different methods of unpacking the .nsp I have for Fire Emblem Three Hopes, first being via ryujinx emulator which gave me a bunch of files which were in .fdata format, as well as all the cutscene videos and some png's and gifs. And the second being muddling through hactool to unpack the .nsp to .nca's, find the game title.key in a hexcode thing, and then unpack the nca's into files that contain the same .fdata as the first method (but no videos or gifs)

I then ran those .fdata files through the only .fdata convertor/unpacker I found for Koei games, but it specifically warns that "Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes is currently not supported/tested" (https://github.com/DeathChaos25/fdata_dump)

I do get a bunch of g1m/g1t files from both sets of converted .fdata, but neither Switch Toolbox nor Noesis can then do anything at all with them. In Toolbox all the files are greyed out and unclickable, and in Noesis the program crashes every time I click on anything at all

I've seen a lot of mentions of using Cethleann to unpack Koei games, but then haven't found any instructions at all on how to use Cethleann, and nothing I have done to or with what I've downloaded has opened any windows or ran any programs, so I have no idea what I'm meant to be doing with it

If anyone knows anything about how to get the game files into something I can look at them in so I can look for the one model I want (the saddle-less wyvern who appears out of bounds in two of the camps) I'd really appreciate the help

Edit:
I worked it out, for anyone who's trying to rip the game in future. You need Cethleann 1.2.0, not 1.2.1, open cmd in the folder Cethleann is in, then run
Cethleann.DataExporter.exe --rdb (folder you want to export to) (.nsp file)
Thanked by: