Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help with ripping FM Towns "Shadow of the Beast"
Hi. I need help. I really want to get full information from the FM-Towns game "Shadow of the beast".
It wasn't difficult to get the music, just like with many sprites.
But there are files that I can't get.
I open it through CDmage and DAEMON Tools ultra

Sound effects: I found files with the PCM extension, but I don't understand how to convert to wav without distortion.

Many sprites: I notice that many sprites of files (32K,001) may have garbage in front of normal sprites, which I do not understand where it will come from, perhaps a palette, but I am not sure about this since there are files (PAL0.BIN) and based on the fact that there are not enough sprites, I think these are sprites which are incorrectly interpreted.(I use TiledGGD)

There are also files with the extension .PSY, I think they have something to do with animations, but I can't find out.

There are also files available .MAP, they are somehow related to the locations of the sprites of the levels, but how to find the location of a particular sprite through it is unclear to me.

And finally (for now).The game has video inserts.And I don't understand what files they are located in and how to convert them.

There are still many files in the game files that are not completely clear to me, any advice will help me a lot.

Here is the link to the file:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
Thanked by: