The VG Resource

Full Version: Pending sections no longer visible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just saw that there were no pending sheets for the TTYD remake so I ripped Grubba and Macho Grubba, submitted them, and then there were still no pending sheets for the TTYD remake on its page, only in my pending submissions. This was odd so I then checked Models Resource where I have had some things pending for a while now. Sure enough those game pages now no longer have a way to see the names of pending submissions. Is this intentional? I cleared my cache and refreshed with F5 to no avail.

If that's intentional, that sucks imo, because now I might be submitting something someone else has already submitted.
(05-29-2024, 02:23 AM)Fawfulthegreat64 Wrote: [ -> ]I just saw that there were no pending sheets for the TTYD remake so I ripped Grubba and Macho Grubba, submitted them, and then there were still no pending sheets for the TTYD remake on its page, only in my pending submissions. This was odd so I then checked Models Resource where I have had some things pending for a while now. Sure enough those game pages now no longer have a way to see the names of pending submissions. Is this intentional? I cleared my cache and refreshed with F5 to no avail.

If that's intentional, that sucks imo, because now I might be submitting something someone else has already submitted.

RTB has commented on the deactivation of the pending submission list here. In short, the list has been disabled due to many users complaining about the approval times.

DJ~
So... a VERY USEFUL feature got disabled because some users decided to be annoying about it? That sounds like it should have been dealt with for the users in question. Warn them, tempban them, etc. Permaban them if they don't take the hint. I don't like not knowing if my submissions are redundant and I feel like this hurts legitimate users who aren't annoying complainers more.
Hello, is this in only The Models Resource? I haven't uploaded a resource in a while, honestly.
It appears to be on all the sites, at least Models and Sprites. I noticed it on the latter, and verified it on the former where I have multiple long-term pending submissions to use as reference.
(05-29-2024, 03:20 AM)Fawfulthegreat64 Wrote: [ -> ]So... a VERY USEFUL feature got disabled because some users decided to be annoying about it? That sounds like it should have been dealt with for the users in question. Warn them, tempban them, etc. Permaban them if they don't take the hint. I don't like not knowing if my submissions are redundant and I feel like this hurts legitimate users who aren't annoying complainers more.

A very useful feature for the handful of users actually using it correctly. Its intent was to show users what was pending so they wouldn't waste time ripping duplicate content. 99.99% of the time though, it was just another data point for people to use to complain. It was constant and unfair to the staff to have to put up with that level of abuse day in and day out. I agree with you that it's also unfair for the small subset of users making use of it correctly but nobody reads anything and we can't ban 80% of the community. I hate when a good thing is ruined for everyone because a group of people misuse it but that's where we are.
I think most users who actively contribute to the site get good use out of it. I'm not sure I would even want to put in the effort of submitting something to TMR anymore knowing the long queue and not knowing if someone else has already submitted it. I didn't realize it was so many users using it to complain either, but if it's really that bad maybe make it only visible to people who have enough submissions and don't have a history of acting that way? IDK, killing it entirely is just so demoralizing and I don't want to put the time and effort into ripping something if I don't even know if someone's already done it.
The problem is that the way the site is currently configured, we can't unlock the feature for users with x approved submissions because submitters and users are not linked. This is something we can revisit on the new version of the site when submitters and users are merged at which point it should be easy to show features to users with a specific submission count.