The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping Models from Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, everyone!

I'm trying to rip models from the Wii version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games by directly extracting the files via Dolphin. While I successfully extracted the models for all the playable Sonic characters, I didn't like how they separated into various parts, forcing me to assemble them in Blender. (The process was very tedious.)

After extracting all the files directly via Dolphin and looking at them carefully, I deduced that the models were within a file called RFLRes01.arc, which contained a file called RFL_Res.dat. Furthermore, I exported the .dat file and am now trying to figure out how to extract it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Okay, it looks like I was wrong regarding the file type. According to user MarioBros7, the models and their animations are within the file cddata.dig (link to thread). Does anyone know about a tool for extracting DIG files? If so, please let me know and provide a detailed yet concise guide on how to use it.
Okay, I successfully extracted the cddata.dig file using this tool. After doing so, I noticed it contained several BIN files, which I don't know how to extract, so I have to figure it out somehow.