The VG Resource

Full Version: (mobile) Rise of berk both APK and Bluestacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came here after trying for days to see the models inside a rise of berk APK I got from APKpure, the funny thing is, I also have a completely different rise of berk running on bluestacks 4 (x64) (I downloaded a different apk after it successfully ran.) 

I have been trying to research how to open and view the assets for the separate apk, and have opened it with 7zip and have only found music and text files. I found this thread and the files look completely identical to what was discussed here https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-39443...#pid668798 However, this user was using "assetstudios" to view the files....and I have no idea how or where to download and use that. When I looked it up, the download links looked nothing like the video guide... On top of that, they mentioned that the game probably loads in the models as the game launches or progresses, if that ends up being the case, is there a way I could use the version running in bluestacks that already has the models I want in it?

Im really lost, if anyone knows a next step for getting to see the models in the apk, I will be relieved!

(I never tried this before, have mercy!)
AssetStudio can be found here;. Download the .zip file, unzip it, and run the program. You'll need to know what version of Microsoft's .net code your computer has, but it'll tell you if you're missing one and the program won't launch if you don't have it installed.

Once you have the program unzipped, run AssetStudioGUI. Go to File > Load Folder, and point it at the largest folder in the .apk. For most games, this will be something called "assets" or "assetpack". Let AssetStudio scan the folder, clicking "okay" on any errors it gives you (usually shaders, in my experience, ignore them) and wait for it to finish. Once it does, go to the Asset List tab, then in the upper menu (File, etc.) go to Filter Type. Select Mesh and just. Start double clicking on the list it sorts for you below until you find what you want.

Once you have that, right click on the name of the asset you want to export and select "Go to Scene Hierarchy". This'll take you to where the mesh is among all the files. Follow the tree up to to the top checkmark so you can get everything, select it, and then go to the top menu again. Model > Export Selected Objects (split) and save where you can find it again. Congrats, you've got an .fbx ready to take anywhere else. 

If images would be of some help to you, I have a tutorial here; you can ignore everything once I start to mention Noesis, but it should serve as visual if you need it/I didn't explain things clearly enough.

This is for if the .apk has everything already in it, though. I wouldn't know where to begin if it loads while you play. Good luck with that one!
(07-04-2024, 06:00 PM)saratogaroad Wrote: [ -> ]AssetStudio can be found here;. Download the .zip file, unzip it, and run the program. You'll need to know what version of Microsoft's .net code your computer has, but it'll tell you if you're missing one and the program won't launch if you don't have it installed.

Once you have the program unzipped, run AssetStudioGUI. Go to File > Load Folder, and point it at the largest folder in the .apk. For most games, this will be something called "assets" or "assetpack". Let AssetStudio scan the folder, clicking "okay" on any errors it gives you (usually shaders, in my experience, ignore them) and wait for it to finish. Once it does, go to the Asset List tab, then in the upper menu (File, etc.) go to Filter Type. Select Mesh and just. Start double clicking on the list it sorts for you below until you find what you want.

Once you have that, right click on the name of the asset you want to export and select "Go to Scene Hierarchy". This'll take you to where the mesh is among all the files. Follow the tree up to to the top checkmark so you can get everything, select it, and then go to the top menu again. Model > Export Selected Objects (split) and save where you can find it again. Congrats, you've got an .fbx ready to take anywhere else. 

If images would be of some help to you, I have a tutorial here; you can ignore everything once I start to mention Noesis, but it should serve as visual if you need it/I didn't explain things clearly enough.

This is for if the .apk has everything already in it, though. I wouldn't know where to begin if it loads while you play. Good luck with that one!

Does it matter which of those I download? I just picked the top one, and downloaded the program it said I was missing....I got assetstudio to run but when I select the assets folder it just says "no unity file can be loaded" even though I found a few files named "applovin_ic_meditation_unity" (which currently appear as png files of unity logos) is that confirmation it is a unity game?....on top of that I can't seem to find any models at all.

If it has to load first, I have no idea how to get it to open and load, and then get it back out to dig through it again!
As far as I know, which of those three you download makes no difference. The number is just which version of .net code it uses, I think, not sure. Top one's worked for what I needed it for for literal years so I just stayed there. And yes, the inclusion of files with Unity in their names and the presence of the Unity logo is....definitely confirmation it's a Unity game. If you can find any files with the file types ".bundle", ".assetbundle", or ".ress", that's even more confirmation. That AssetStudio didn't find any, though..hm.

Now, having had a look at the APK of DoB on APKPure, the size of it tells me that this game downloads as you play/when you load it, meaning your next option is to either find your way to a rooted Android device, or to use an emulator and I cannot help you with that. However, there is a mobile game ripping discord with a tutorial channel I can recommend.

https://discord.gg/KaDBjnmU

I'm afraid the scope of my help stops here, tho. Sorry about that, man, and best of luck going forward!
(07-04-2024, 09:15 PM)saratogaroad Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know, which of those three you download makes no difference. The number is just which version of .net code it uses, I think, not sure. Top one's worked for what I needed it for for literal years so I just stayed there. And yes, the inclusion of files with Unity in their names and the presence of the Unity logo is....definitely confirmation it's a Unity game. If you can find any files with the file types ".bundle", ".assetbundle", or ".ress", that's even more confirmation. That AssetStudio didn't find any, though..hm.

Now, having had a look at the APK of DoB on APKPure, the size of it tells me that this game downloads as you play/when you load it, meaning your next option is to either find your way to a rooted Android device, or to use an emulator and I cannot help you with that. However, there is a mobile game ripping discord with a tutorial channel I can recommend.

https://discord.gg/KaDBjnmU

I'm afraid the scope of my help stops here, tho. Sorry about that, man, and best of luck going forward!

You have been really helpful! Trying to find a way to extract the game from the emulator and hoping it takes the save data with it will be my next move! I'll prolly check out that discord, and be check back if there's any breakthroughs!