The VG Resource

Full Version: 3d printing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello i just joined today want to use some models for 3d printing anyone have any expertise advice or tips. so far i only really know how to upload the files that are obj. on fusion360. i dont really understand how to use the textures or anything anyone know any videos on youtube tips or steps?
Oh, I'm experimenting with this now!

Unless you have a multicolor printer, you really don't need the textures for anything. Just pose the model how you want if you can (someone else will have to give you advice on this one; I just tried and kinda scratched my head until I gave up), then save it as an .stl file (or whatever file your slicer program recognizes). Should pop right up once you put the file in your slicer.

One thing I noticed with my slicer for my resin printer was it didn't seem to want to put enough supports on for the thinner parts of the model, so that's something to be aware of. Other than that, it should go just like any other 3D print file you download.
(07-13-2024, 03:47 PM)Skyla Doragono Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I'm experimenting with this now!

Unless you have a multicolor printer, you really don't need the textures for anything.  Just pose the model how you want if you can (someone else will have to give you advice on this one; I just tried and kinda scratched my head until I gave up), then save it as an .stl file (or whatever file your slicer program recognizes).  Should pop right up once you put the file in your slicer.

One thing I noticed with my slicer for my resin printer was it didn't seem to want to put enough supports on for the thinner parts of the model, so that's something to be aware of.  Other than that, it should go just like any other 3D print file you download.
I have a prusa mk4 and mmu3 I need to install which will give me the multi color option. I kinda got the pose thing working in blender. Wish a majority of the models didn't all come in t poses lol