The VG Resource

Full Version: is there anyway to rip this character from Meet the Robinsons videogame???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, the trouble is this. There is a character from the videogame "Meet the Robinsons" (PC/PS2/WII..) that only appears on a cutscene from the videogame. Searching the game files, I couldnt find his model and seems impossible to rip from the videogame, as he only appears on a cutscene. This character is Lewis, being the actual main protagonist in the film. Any suggestions??
You need to figure out if the cutscene is in-engine or pre-rendered. If the cutscene is in-engine, the model must be in the game files somewhere. If the cutscene is pre-rendered (i.e, a video file that plays at a specific time and/or place and will be somewhere in the game files as a separate video), the model does not exist within the game to be ripped.

If it's in-engine and you legit just can't find it, you can try NinjaRipper by emulating the Wii version through Dolphin; it'll give you a 3D screenshot and you'll have to sort Lewis from the rest of the scene and then T-Pose/rig him manually; pain and a half, but doable. If it's pre-rendered, there's nothing anyone can do, that model stayed with the dev teams, it may as well not exist for your purposes. You can still give NinjaRipper a try, but I'm pretty sure all it'll give you for a pre-rendered cutscene is either a void or the start of the level that plays after that video.

Strange that the main protag of the film appears so little in the tie-in to his own movie, but...that's all I've got. Good luck either way!
(07-14-2024, 12:52 AM)saratogaroad Wrote: [ -> ]You need to figure out if the cutscene is in-engine or pre-rendered. If the cutscene is in-engine, the model must be in the game files somewhere. If the cutscene is pre-rendered (i.e, a video file that plays at a specific time and/or place and will be somewhere in the game files as a separate video), the model does not exist within the game to be ripped.

If it's in-engine and you legit just can't find it, you can try NinjaRipper by emulating the Wii version through Dolphin; it'll give you a 3D screenshot and you'll have to sort Lewis from the rest of the scene and then T-Pose/rig him manually; pain and a half, but doable. If it's pre-rendered, there's nothing anyone can do, that model stayed with the dev teams, it may as well not exist for your purposes. You can still give NinjaRipper a try, but I'm pretty sure all it'll give you for a pre-rendered cutscene is either a void or the start of the level that plays after that video.

Strange that the main protag of the film appears so little in the tie-in to his own movie, but...that's all I've got. Good luck either way!
Its pre-rendered sadly, so there is nothing anyone can do in that case. Thanks for the answer tho.