The VG Resource

Full Version: Project Luna - A Sailor Moon Fan Game Project Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: DUGonbs.png]
So I mentioned in my help request thread that I'm working on a Sailor Moon fangame using RPG Maker MZ.  I'm going to use this as my progress thread, in hopes that I can keep the momentum going with this project, and not succumb to ADHD. Because that never happens.  Rolleyes

First, some screen shots:
Opening screen; just about everything but the title and the background is animated in some way:
Some menu screens, experimenting with making the background of it pink, though I may need to make a different colored border for the system graphics:
I'm working on the walking sprites at the moment, using Usagi's civilian sprite as an experiment for what template style I wanted to use.  I put her together with some template parts from Game Character Hub, as well as some parts from an old sprite I made back in ye olden days.

[Image: wuIIQK3.png]

Hoping to show off more as the game progresses.
I got a question for this fan game. Will it have dialogue based off the DiC dub or the Viz Media dub?
Probably not. I'm going off of headcanon for a good chunk of this, but also drawing a lot of inspiration from the manga/Crystal version.
Small update; I've finished the sprite for Queen Serenity, whom you'll play as in the beginning of the story.

[Image: wkF6pUk.png]

As you can probably tell, there's a reason I did Usagi first; that hair style is going to get a lot of use, and blonde colors are easier to pick out when spriting.

I've also finished some music tracks.  For the opening splash, I have a music box version of the main theme, which I sequenced using sheet music from Ichigo's Sheet Music.  I also have the battle theme, which I made from the battle theme in the SNES Sailor Moon RPG.  The song really works for a battle theme, and it loops easily, so I figured why not use it here?

I'll show off more in future updates, like how for cutscenes I'm opting to style them like Phantasy Star IV's comic book-like cut-ins.  I feel that style will provide more character emotion than RPG Maker's built in emoji system.
oooh i cant wait to see how this comes out i need a good Sailor Moon RPG