The VG Resource

Full Version: Xbox Original Avatars (PC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm trying to extract the 3d models from the Xbox 360 avatar store but the only way to extract these models is through the "Xbox Original Avatars" application. I tried using Ninja Ripper (Ver. 1.7.1) and it was not possible because it asks for an ".exe" to open the application and "Xbox Original Avatars" is a shortcut. If someone has time and can help me open with Ninja Ripper I would be very grateful. I think it would be important to save these models before closing the store.

(Translation made by Google Translate, sorry if there are errors).
(07-17-2024, 08:40 PM)Gabriel0cv Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I'm trying to extract the 3d models from the Xbox 360 avatar store but the only way to extract these models is through the "Xbox Original Avatars" application. I tried using Ninja Ripper (Ver. 1.7.1) and it was not possible because it asks for an ".exe" to open the application and "Xbox Original Avatars" is a shortcut. If someone has time and can help me open with Ninja Ripper I would be very grateful. I think it would be important to save these models before closing the store.

the .exe is located in "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Avatars_100.1804.3001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" good luck, the .exe won't open for me and keeps tossing out errors, but opens just fine via windows store
(07-27-2024, 12:55 PM)punchbee Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2024, 08:40 PM)Gabriel0cv Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I'm trying to extract the 3d models from the Xbox 360 avatar store but the only way to extract these models is through the "Xbox Original Avatars" application. I tried using Ninja Ripper (Ver. 1.7.1) and it was not possible because it asks for an ".exe" to open the application and "Xbox Original Avatars" is a shortcut. If someone has time and can help me open with Ninja Ripper I would be very grateful. I think it would be important to save these models before closing the store.

the .exe is located in "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Avatars_100.1804.3001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" good luck, the .exe won't open for me and keeps tossing out errors, but opens just fine via windows store

Yes, I tried to do it this way and the same errors happened. I tried other ways but they didn't work. But thanks anyway for trying to help.

And there's nothing else to do, nothing in the store works there anymore.
(07-30-2024, 09:25 AM)Gabriel0cv Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2024, 12:55 PM)punchbee Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, I tried to do it this way and the same errors happened. I tried other ways but they didn't work. But thanks anyway for trying to help.

I was able to figure it out, its not easy. use https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...rview.html , after you open it head on over to "Universal Windows Applications" and find on the drop down box "Microsoft.Avatars" then Run. I'm sure you can figure out how to use the capture. and use this to fix add the UV maps to the .obj export https://github.com/PMZeroSkyline/GPA-Mesh. Wish you luck.
(08-01-2024, 02:02 AM)punchbee Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2024, 09:25 AM)Gabriel0cv Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2024, 12:55 PM)punchbee Wrote: [ -> ]the .exe is located in "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Avatars_100.1804.3001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" good luck, the .exe won't open for me and keeps tossing out errors, but opens just fine via windows store

I was able to figure it out, its not easy. use https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...rview.html , after you open it head on over to "Universal Windows Applications" and find on the drop down box "Microsoft.Avatars" then Run. I'm sure you can figure out how to use the capture. and use this to fix add the UV maps to the .obj export https://github.com/PMZeroSkyline/GPA-Mesh. Wish you luck.

I just tried this option but when I press "run" the application opens and then closes. But again I appreciate your help. And currently in the Microsoft Avatars store nothing works anymore, it tries to load something but an error appears.
(08-01-2024, 12:06 PM)Gabriel0cv Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2024, 02:02 AM)punchbee Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2024, 09:25 AM)Gabriel0cv Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I tried to do it this way and the same errors happened. I tried other ways but they didn't work. But thanks anyway for trying to help.

I just tried this option but when I press "run" the application opens and then closes. But again I appreciate your help. And currently in the Microsoft Avatars store nothing works anymore, it tries to load something but an error appears.
Very odd, If you were somehow able to purchase the costumes or whatever before the deletion of the store then you'd be able to rip them.