Users browsing this thread: 68 Guest(s)
General Pokemon Discussion
(05-26-2009, 05:26 PM)moz Wrote: I wonder what would happen if you trade a pokemon from HGSS that holds an insense that breeds a pokemon that was only available in DP before the national dex like mr mime, to get mime jr.
I think you just fucked my brain.
Thanked by:
its hard to explain.. lemme try again

person w/ HG/SS and national dex, so they can trade with other people with HGSS, even if the other person doesn't have the national dex.
Now say the ND person trades a mr mime holding the insense that gets mime jr. and the nonND person has a mr mime already. would breeding them get a mime jr? i would assume that the only thing stopping a person from getting a mime jr before the ND would be having the insenses only attainable after the national dex.
Thanked by:
(05-26-2009, 05:44 PM)$uperLugia95 Wrote: Agree with ou on that one. For example a caterpillar(in real life) turns into a butterfly after being in a cocoon....

Sure sucks that there are no cocoon pokemon huh?
Thanked by:
Actually, on my Pearl Version(which I never got the National Dex on, but have a ton of 'National Dex Pokemon' from my Diamond on it) the Numbers are just '???' Although, I haven't tried to breed them...

But they'll most likely do something like they did in Fire Red & Leaf Green (have key items that will allow you to trade with D/P/Pl [Guessing a 'Diamond' and a 'Pearl' since in FR/LG it was a Ruby & Sapphire used to Power Bills Machine])...Until you get those, you can only trade between HG/SS, but if you have both, and one doesn't have the National Dex, and the other does, and you trade something from the National Dex, you'll probably get the '???' over the numbers, like in D/P/Pl

...I need to play less Pokemon
[Image: smugnificent.gif]
[Image: GiantPKMN4.gif]
Thanked by:
(05-26-2009, 06:30 PM)moz Wrote: its hard to explain.. lemme try again

person w/ HG/SS and national dex, so they can trade with other people with HGSS, even if the other person doesn't have the national dex.
Now say the ND person trades a mr mime holding the insense that gets mime jr. and the nonND person has a mr mime already. would breeding them get a mime jr? i would assume that the only thing stopping a person from getting a mime jr before the ND would be having the insenses only attainable after the national dex.

Well in Dppt, any pokemon in the national dex received before actually getting the national dex was still available for you to use, the place where it says its number in the dex was "???" though.

EDIT: Woops I didn't read josh's post
Thanked by:
(05-26-2009, 06:30 PM)Level 1 Rattata (Rags) Wrote:
(05-26-2009, 05:44 PM)$uperLugia95 Wrote: Agree with ou on that one. For example a caterpillar(in real life) turns into a butterfly after being in a cocoon....

you forgot silcoon
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(05-26-2009, 08:56 PM)Cshad Wrote:
(05-26-2009, 06:30 PM)moz Wrote: its hard to explain.. lemme try again

Well in Dppt, any pokemon in the national dex received before actually getting the national dex was still available for you to use, the place where it says its number in the dex was "???" though.

EDIT: Woops I didn't read josh's post

But in FRLG, you were totally prevented from getting pokemon that weren't around at the time. I remember my golbat began to evolve due to hapiness, but it stopped, with the whole"huh?" thing. Does anybody remember if RSE pokemon were tradable into FRLG through another FRLG cart before one of the players got the national dex?
Thanked by:
(05-26-2009, 09:16 PM)Vipershark Wrote:

you forgot silcoon

poke and mon are two different links.
Thanked by:
(05-26-2009, 10:09 PM)Level 1 Rattata (Rags) Wrote:
(05-26-2009, 09:16 PM)Vipershark Wrote:

you forgot silcoon

poke and mon are two different links.

but you did forget pupitar
Thanked by:
Well in Gold and Silver, Kanto changed dramaticly over 3 years time. Maybe Nintendo will do the same with Jhoto. If so that would solve the evolution problem entirely.

...Or they could just throw in the towel with regional pokedexs and have a National Dex from the begining.
Blank Garfield Minus Garfield Blank
[Image: fSymsOGXOcsm54gkCltWuVyc_r1_500.gif]
Brawl FC: 4339-4126-4921
Thanked by:
this is a remake
not a sequel with the same characters and events that just happens to happen at exactly the same time but in the future
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(05-28-2009, 10:40 AM)Dragon Tamer♂ Sir Repiteo Wrote: Well in Gold and Silver, Kanto changed dramaticly over 3 years time. Maybe Nintendo will do the same with Jhoto. If so that would solve the evolution problem entirely.

...Or they could just throw in the towel with regional pokedexs and have a National Dex from the begining.

except the remakes take place during the same time as gsc so that makes no sense, not that they won't update johto
That's pretty amazing. Sorry Kris can't be chosen as the female player this time.
The future of things to come...
NID - LDEJRuff
3DS FC - 1349-9258-6921
Switch FC - SW-6321-5752-9422
Thanked by:
seeing it's been bumped anyways, there is a new detail released

first we had virtual pikachu pet 2 for mystery gift, any now 10 years later we get the pokewalk

source is on the first page
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
Haha thats pretty nifty.
Thanked by: