Users browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)
Official Rock Band (Main Titles/Spin-offs/DLC/Network) Discussion
Quote:Hello!

Breaking Benjamin will make their Rock Band debut next week with a three pack of songs available for download in the Rock Band Music Store. A five pack of songs from Alice in Chains, as well as songs from Kula Shaker and Just Kait will also be added next week to the Rock Band Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system and Wii™. Tracks from Foo Fighters will also be available for download next week for Rock Band Unplugged on PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system.

Rock Band DLC Additions for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 System and Wii
American alternative metal outfit Breaking Benjamin will release three songs for Rock Band Sept. 29, day-and-date with the band’s fourth album release, Dear Agony. The three pack of songs features the single from Dear Agony, “I Will Not Bow,” as well as “So Cold,” from the band’s second album, We Are Not Alone, and “The Diary of Jane,” from the band’s third album, Phobia.

A five pack of songs from alternative rockers Alice in Chains joins “Man in the Box,” available on-disc on Rock Band 2. The five pack features the band’s new single, “A Looking in View” from the band’s first album in 14 years, titled Black Gives Way to Blue, which will be released day-and-date with the DLC pack. Alice in Chains has sold more than 17 million albums worldwide and has received six Grammy nominations since their inception in Seattle in 1987. The five pack also includes “Would?”, which was featured in the soundtrack to the film Singles and won the award for Best Video from a Film at the 1993 MTV Video Music Awards.

Additionally, multi-platinum selling English psychedelic rockers Kula Shaker make their Rock Band debut with “Hey Dude” and “Knight on the Town,” and Just Kait makes her Rock Band debut as well, with “U Suck.”

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Sept. 29) and PlayStation 3 system (Oct. 1):

• Alice in Chains – “A Looking in View”
• Alice in Chains – “Check My Brain”
• Alice in Chains – “No Excuses”
• Alice in Chains – “Rooster”
• Alice in Chains – “Would?”
• Breaking Benjamin – “I Will Not Bow”
• Breaking Benjamin – “So Cold”
• Breaking Benjamin – “The Diary of Jane”
• Just Kait – “U Suck” *
• Kula Shaker – “Hey Dude”
• Kula Shaker – “Knight on the Town”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Alice in Chains Pack 01” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$8.49 USD, £5.25 and €6.59 (680 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Alice in Chains Pack 01”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track
*Denotes $.99 (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) or $1.00 (100 Wii Points) per track

Rock Band Unplugged Tracks for PSP®System

Rock Band Unplugged fans will enjoy the addition of Foo Fighters “Monkey Wrench” and “Lonely as You” to the 43 tracks already available via the Rock Band Unplugged in-game music store for the PSP system.

Tracks available for Rock Band Unplugged (Oct. 1):

• Foo Fighters – “Monkey Wrench”
• Foo Fighters – “Lonely As You”

Price:

$1.99, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU per track on the PSP system

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
Eleven tracks of pure terrible. Grunge is a nominee for worst genre of music, Breaking Benjamin is lolbad, and you have to hear the Just Kait song to understand how bad it is. Actually, Kula Shaker is not as terrible as the others, but I wouldn't purchase it as it's just average imo.

But if anyone likes any of this, good for you.
Thanked by:
I like BB and AiC, so
[Image: tumblr_lctx1p6L3L1qzvjn8o1_500.gif]
Thanked by:
[kellyclarkson]Since you been gone![/kellyclarkson]

10/6 DLC
Quote:GOOD MORNING!

This week we have some DLC that will doubtlessly be a hit at parties. Seriously. First off we have The Raconteurs (you are looking at huge Brendan Benson fan right here - seriously listen to the album One Mississippi and tell me he's not a genius). We also have two big hits from the Alanis Morissette catalog, a debut hit from the Flobots, and three from the Electric Six (who have been really highly requested as of late). For RBU we have a track from Green Day and anotehr from Rush. ENJOY!

-Sean

Rock Band DLC Additions for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 System and Wii

Nashville-based rockers The Raconteurs, composed of Jack White, Brendan Benson, Jack Lawrence and Patrick Keeler, will release three songs for Rock Band Oct. 6. "The Raconteurs Pack 01" features "Steady, As She Goes" from the group’s first album, Broken Boy Soldiers, which was nominated for two Grammy Awards; as well as "Many Shades of Black" and "Salute Your Solution," from the group's Grammy Award-winning second album, Consolers of the Lonely.

Additionally, tracks from Alanis Morissette and The Flobots will be featured for DLC next week, and Electric Six also makes their Rock Band debut. The Detroit natives offer up a three pack of songs for the Rock Band Music Store and will kick off a U.S. and UK tour Oct. 14.

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Oct. 6) and PlayStation 3 system (Oct. 8):

• The Raconteurs – “Many Shades of Black”
• The Raconteurs – “Salute Your Solution”
• The Raconteurs – “Steady, As She Goes”
• Alanis Morissette – “Head Over Feet”
• Alanis Morissette – “Ironic”
• Electric Six – “Dance Epidemic”
• Electric Six – “Gay Bar”
• Electric Six – “I Don’t Like You”
• The Flobots – “Handlebars”

These tracks will be available for purchase as “The Raconteurs Pack 01,” “Electric Six Pack 01” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii.

Price: $1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “The Raconteurs Pack 01” or “Electric Six Pack 01”

Rock Band Unplugged fans will enjoy the addition of Rush’s “Red Barchetta” and Green Day’s “Know Your Enemy,” from the band’s latest album, 21st Century Breakdown, on Warner Music Group’s Reprise Records, to the 45 tracks already available via the Rock Band Unplugged in-game music store for the PSP system. 21st Century Breakdown debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart, as well as on the Rock, Active Rock and Alternative charts.

Tracks available for Rock Band Unplugged (Oct. 8):

• Green Day – “Know Your Enemy”
• Rush – “Red Barchetta”

Price: $1.99, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU per track on the PSP system

10/13 DLC
Quote:GOOD MORNING!

In celebration of our good friends at Double Fine putting out Brütal Legend on Rocktober 13th we have a 3 pack of tracks from their soundtrack - Motörhead, Tenacious D, and Testament. If you'd like to hear more about the music in Brütal Legend we have a sweet interview with creator Tim Schafer on our brand spanking new bi-weekly podcast which you can find here on our podcast page (there's also an interview with Claudio from Coheed and Cambria!)

“These are three great songs that totally capture the feeling of Brütal Legend. I can’t wait to play them in Rock Band,” said Tim Schafer, founder of Double Fine Productions. “I’ve air-drummed to all of them so many times, I’m sure I’ll be able to beat them on hard mode, no problem. Or at least on medium. Like medium plus. That’s a setting, right?”

But the fun doesn't stop there Because we also have tracks from Black Tide, Blink-182, Joe Satriani, Kansas, and L7. We also have a track from Pearl Jam and one from Foreigner hitting Rock Band: Unplugged.

HAPPY ROCKTOBER!
Sean

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Oct. 13) and PlayStation 3 system (Oct. 15):

• Motörhead – “(We Are) The Road Crew ‘08”
• Tenacious D – “The Metal”
• Testament – “More Than Meets the Eye”
• Black Tide – “Show Me the Way”
• Blink-182 – “What’s My Age Again?”
• Joe Satriani – “Satch Boogie”
• Joe Satriani – “Surfing with the Alien”
• Kansas – “Icarus (Borne on the Wings of Steel)” (Live from Two for the Show)
• Kansas – “Point of Know Return” (Live from Two for the Show)
• L7 – “Andres”

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Brütal Legend Pack” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii.

Price:
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Brütal Legend Pack”

Rock Band Unplugged fans will enjoy the addition of Pearl Jam’s “Jeremy” and Foreigner’s “Headknocker” to the 47 tracks already available via the Rock Band Unplugged in-game music store for the PSP system.

Tracks available for Rock Band Unplugged (Oct. 15):

• Pearl Jam – “Jeremy”
• Foreigner – “Headknocker”

Queen next week!
[Image: rockbandzine_23_1.jpg][Image: rockbandzine_23_2.jpg][Image: rockbandzine_23_3.jpg][Image: rockbandzine_23_4.jpg]

Also, the Lego Rock Band full setlist!
Quote:The All-American Rejects - "Swing, Swing"
The Automatic - "Monster"
Blink-182 - "Aliens Exist"
Blur - "Song 2"
Bon Jovi - "You Give Love a Bad Name"
Boys Like Girls - "Thunder"
Bryan Adams - "Summer of 69"
Carl Douglas - "Kung Fu Fighting"
The Coral - "Dreaming of You"
Counting Crows - "Accidentally in Love"
David Bowie - "Let's Dance"
Elton John - "Crocodile Rock"
Europe - "The Final Countdown"
Everlife - "Real Wild Child"
Foo Fighters - "Breakout"
Good Charlotte - "Girls & Boys"
The Hives - "Tick Tick Boom"
Iggy Pop - "The Passenger"
Incubus - "Dig"
Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back"
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - "Fire"
Kaiser Chiefs - "Ruby"
Katrina and the Waves - "Walking on Sunshine"
The Kooks - "Naive"
KoRn - "Word Up!"
KT Tunstall - "Suddenly I See"
Lostprophets - "Rooftops"
P!nk - "So What"
The Police - "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"
The Primitives - "Crash"
Queen - "We Will Rock You / We Are the Champions"
Rascal Flatts - "Life is a Highway"
Ray Parker Jr. - "Ghostbusters"
Razorlight - "Stumble and Fall"
Spin Doctors - "Two Princes"
Spinal Tap - "Short and Sweet"
Steve Harly - "Make Me Smile"
Sum 41 - "In Too Deep"
Supergrass - "Grace"
T.Rex - "Ride a White Swan"
Tom Petty - "Free Fallin'"
Vampire Weekend - "A-Punk"
We the Kings - "Check Yes Juliet"
The Zutons - "Valerie"
Thanked by:
WHAT

Dig by Incubus is one of my favorite songs. WANT
WHAT

Dig by Incubus is one of my favorite songs. WANT
Thanked by:
I has Beatles Rock Band kit. Cute
[Image: 472_gliscor_1_m.png]
Thanked by:
Aha, I love these games. I just bought the first one today, and I have to say, the solo for "Black Hole Sun" is a major pain in the ass.
Thanked by:
i laughed irl
Thanked by: PrettyNier
^hooray
Thanked by:
Stooben I don't think you understand tSR

but anyway

the Testament song is pretty neat, that'll be cool
Thanked by:
Quote:Hey gang,

Here's the DLC that'll be hitting your game machines next week! Some spooky stuff to tie into the holiday, some rocking stuff for the rockers, and a few singles for lady vocalists out there! Huzzah for variety!

Enjoy!

-HMXhenry

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Oct. 27) and PlayStation 3 system (Oct. 29):

• Rob Zombie – “Burn”
• Rob Zombie – “Dragula”
• Rob Zombie – “Superbeast”
• Wolfmother – “New Moon Rising”
• Wolfmother – “Pilgrim”
• Wolfmother – “Sundial”
• Wolfmother – “White Unicorn”
• Wolfmother – “Woman”
• Liz Phair – “Rock Me”
• Morningwood – “Best of Me” *
• Morningwood – “Sugarbaby” *

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Rob Zombie Pack 01,” “Wolfmother Pack 01” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii.

Price:
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Rob Zombie Pack 01”
$8.49 £5.25 UK, €6.59 EU (680 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Wolfmother Pack 01”
*Denotes $0.99 £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) or $1.00 (100 Wii Points™) per track

Tracks available for Rock Band Unplugged (Oct. 29):

• Sonic Youth – “Kool Thing”
• Steely Dan – “My Old School”

Price:

Oh Rob Zombie, why is it so many people just can't get enough of you? Wolfmother is pretty cool, but there's a few I don't know by name that I'll have to check out. The other bands are unknown for me.
Thanked by:
I'm not really impressed with those songs. I'm not a real huge fan of Rob Zombie, most of those Wolfmother songs are pretty meh, and lollizphair. I haven't listened to Morningwood, so I won't judge their songs.

They really should release more Fleetwood Mac and Green Day. And seeing U2 and The Cure on there would be awesome, but I doubt that'll happen any time soon.
Thanked by:
Quote:What's poppin'?

Next week for DLC (ON MY BIRTHDAY!) we have some DLC. What do we have? How about a Nirvana 3-pack from Bleach? Or maybe a 4-pack of the rest of the Foo Fighters catalog to celebrate their upcoming Greatest Hits coming out on the third? That doesn't float your boat? How about Joan Jett & The Blackhearts? Enjoy, play, and have some damn cake!

-Sean

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Nov. 3) and PlayStation 3 system (Nov. 5):

• Foo Fighters – “Best of You”
• Foo Fighters – “The Pretender”
• Foo Fighters – “Wheels”
• Foo Fighters – “Word Forward”
• Nirvana – “About a Girl”
• Nirvana – “Blew”
• Nirvana – “School”
• Joan Jett & The Blackhearts – “Fake Friends”

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Nirvana Bleach Pack,” “Foo Fighters Pack 03” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii.

Price: $1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Nirvana Bleach Pack”
$6.99, £3.49 UK, €5.29 EU (560 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Foo Fighters Pack 03”

Rock Band Unplugged fans will enjoy the addition of Bullet for My Valentine’s “Waking the Demon” and System of a Down’s “Toxicity” to the 53 tracks already available via the Rock Band Unplugged in-game music store for the PSP system.

Tracks available for Rock Band Unplugged (Nov. 5):

• Bullet For My Valentine – “Waking the Demon”
• System of a Down – “Toxicity”

More Foos(yes, MORE); more of that poor excuse for a band; and more Joan Jett that isn't "I Love Rock and Roll". Terrible, terrible week. :D
Thanked by:
FINALLY; I was wondering how long it would take for "The Pretender" to be DLC. And "Best of You" is an added bonus.
Those Nirvana songs are pretty good; "School" is underrated, and "About a Girl" is one of my favorites.
Not really thrilled with the Joan Jett song.
Thanked by:
I wish they would stop clogging the DLC with shit and maybe start adding some decent shit.

S:
Thanked by:
Quote:Hey gang,

Here's the DLC coming at you large and in charge for the week of 11/10/ Enjoy!

-HMXhenry

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Nov. 10) and PlayStation 3 system (Nov. 12):

The Damned – “Smash It Up (Part II)” +
Kasabian – “Club Foot” +
The White Stripes – “Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground” +
The White Stripes – “Girl, You Have No Faith in Medicine” +
The White Stripes – “Icky Thump”

These tracks will be available for purchase as “The White Stripes Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks on Wii. Tracks marked with a “+” are also available in the family-friendly LEGO Rock Band Music Store.

Price:
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “The White Stripes Pack 01”

Tracks available for Rock Band Unplugged (Nov. 12):

No Doubt – “Excuse Me Mr.”
Dropkick Murphys – “I’m Shipping Up to Boston”

Price:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3223501

Looks like they read Giz's post (yeah, they read tSR forums) and said "No, fuck you!"
Thanked by: