Users browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)
16 Shades Of FURY: last page (Techokami's Sprite Dumpster)
I like it. Nice job.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Techokami
I've been busy.
[Image: 16colproj_10.png]
Thanked by:
I've been busier.
[Image: 16colproj_11.png]
Thanked by:
It's like an 8-bit blending of most of the 2D Mario games to date. The only thing bothering me is the 1-UP Heart from the Mario Land series. You should reshade that.
Ngamer01's Portal - Updates whenever.
Thanked by:
It's a rip
Why would he reshade it
Thanked by:
(12-18-2009, 08:25 PM)Techokami Wrote: I decided to try and make a from-scratch Mario tileset using ONLY the basic 16 colors of Windows 3.1.

And I agree, the heart could use some work.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Ngamer01
Any shoutouts to NSMB gonna be put into this?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(12-20-2009, 11:05 PM)Vipershark Wrote: Any shoutouts to NSMB gonna be put into this?

Someone asked me to add some texture to the ground, so I made something NSMB-styled:
[Image: 16colproj_15.png]
I'll try to fix the heart next.
Thanked by:
Not really digging the safe mode colours. Now, I know you're restricting yourself to a set palette, but at least make an unrestricted version once you're done. The colours don't do the tiles justice.

Now, for the colours used, it's pretty good, but I think there should be more shading on the shrooms. And the Ice Flower is supposed to have a blue outer circle with a light blue inner circle, not the other way around.
Thanked by:
(12-21-2009, 05:20 PM)Neslug Wrote: Not really digging the safe mode colours. Now, I know you're restricting yourself to a set palette, but at least make an unrestricted version once you're done. The colours don't do the tiles justice.
You ruined the surprise, jerk :(

(12-21-2009, 05:20 PM)Neslug Wrote: Now, for the colours used, it's pretty good, but I think there should be more shading on the shrooms. And the Ice Flower is supposed to have a blue outer circle with a light blue inner circle, not the other way around.
That's supposed to be a SMB3-styled Fire Flower [Image: emot-ssh.gif] but I'll convert it into an Ice Flower
Also I think the subtle shading on the shrooms looks better, IMHO

I really can't think of any new tiles to make for this so it's done
[Image: 16colproj_16.png]
I couldn't fix the heart so I threw it out.

And now you all know what I'm doing next since Neslug blurted it out :<
Thanked by:
Oh sorry, didn't know you were actually going to do it all along. Well that's good.

There's one thing that bothers me.
[Image: tilething.png]
It looks pretty messy, you could make the shards a little bigger, to cut back on the highlighting jungle.
Thanked by:
(12-21-2009, 05:05 PM)Techokami Wrote:
(12-20-2009, 11:05 PM)Vipershark Wrote: Any shoutouts to NSMB gonna be put into this?

Someone asked me to add some texture to the ground, so I made something NSMB-styled:
[Image: 16colproj_15.png]
I'll try to fix the heart next.

lol, I meant stuff like the mini-mushroom, spinny hat, blue shell, etc
Mostly the powerups, but tilesets too, I guess.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(12-21-2009, 06:46 PM)Neslug Wrote: Oh sorry, didn't know you were actually going to do it all along. Well that's good.

There's one thing that bothers me.
[Image: tilething.png]
It looks pretty messy, you could make the shards a little bigger, to cut back on the highlighting jungle.

It was fucking hard making a good ground texture for that Sad
The higher color version will have less harsh colors, so it will blend better.

Vipershark Wrote:lol, I meant stuff like the mini-mushroom, spinny hat, blue shell, etc
Oh, heh
Well no I'm not making those powerups because then I have to make all the other powerups from all the other Mario games Tongue
Thanked by:
Okay, it's finally DONE done.
[Image: 16colproj_final.png]
I touched some things up, made a completely new castle, and added the rope and pulleys for the balance platforms from SMB1.

I've also got some progress done on the higher color version, but I'm not gonna show it until it's done Tongue
Thanked by:
oh, you tease!

anyway, looks great as always. I'd still play it. it's like Mario: Rave Edition. all it needs is obnoxious flashing.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by: