Users browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)
Official Rock Band (Main Titles/Spin-offs/DLC/Network) Discussion
Lady Gaga songs announced
Thanked by:
i wondered how that was even going to work but then i remembered the majority of gh3 and went "oh ok"
Thanked by: Alpha Six
Quote:i see giz is though
mostly excited for nevermore, they were my favorite band for a long ass time

dt and arch enemy aren't the best but they're still actual melodic death metal bands and both do have some pretty good stuff

symphony X is more for "this is going to be fun to play"

iwrestledabearonce is still hilarious to me tbph
Thanked by:
bullshit arch enemy is metalcore
there's a thin line between the two genres but
they've wandered into shittyville, metalcore lately
Thanked by:
To be a little more specific about the Lady Gaga songs:

Quote:LADY GAGA MAKES HER DEBUT ON ROCK BAND WITH A HOT FOUR PACK!

PLUS A SPECIAL COMEDY CENTRAL® SOUTH PARK VERSION OF “POKER FACE”

MTV NETWORKS CELEBRATING DEBUT ACROSS CHANNELS

Cambridge, Mass. – March 9, 2009 – Harmonix and MTV Games today announced that a four pack of songs from pop sensation Lady Gaga, as well as a special Lady Gaga cover by COMEDY CENTRAL’s South Park’s own Eric Cartman will be added next week to the Rock Band Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™.

Lady Gaga joins the more than 400 artists currently available through the Rock Band platform. With more than 1,100 songs available, Rock Band is, without question, the industry leader in providing the best selection of interactive musical content, songs and artists.

Rock Band DLC Additions for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 System and Wii

Musical maven and international fashionista Lady Gaga makes her Rock Band debut next week with a four pack of songs from both her Grammy® Award-winning and Diamond-certified album The Fame and her latest release The Fame Monster. Lady Gaga became the first artist in Billboard history to chart four No. 1 singles when her smash single “Paparazzi” reached No. 1 in 2009. Recently named creative director for a specialty line of Polaroid® products, Lady Gaga has proven herself to be an innovative powerhouse outside the music realm as well.

“Lady Gaga Pack 01” will include “Bad Romance,” “Just Dance,” “Monster” and “Poker Face” and will be available for purchase as “Lady Gaga Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Lady Gaga is touring Europe and the United States this spring and fall, as part of her successful Monster Ball tour. For more information on tour dates, please visit www.ladygaga.com.

Additionally, a special version of Lady Gaga’s “Poker Face,” made famous by South Park’s Eric Cartman, will also be available in the Rock Band Music Store next week. The track first appeared in the “Whale Whores” episode which will re-air on COMEDY CENTRAL March 16 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT. The 14th season of COMEDY CENTRAL’s Emmy and Peabody Award-winning series South Park premieres Wednesday, March 17 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT.

MTV Networks is celebrating Lady Gaga’s debut in Rock Band across its television channels, including the following:

· MTV: “Bad Romance” video rotation during music hours, 30-minute Lady Gaga video blocks on MTV Hits, the debut of Lady Gaga’s new video “Telephone,” a collaboration with Beyonce, and an airing of the Lady Gaga episode of America’s Best Dance Crew March 16 (also on MTV2)

· Palladia: Airings of Lady Gaga performance specials including, London Live (airing March 10, 13, 16, 21 and 24), VFest (March 20 and 26) and the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards (March 19 and 20)

· Logo: An airing of London Live and NewNowNext PopLab Lady Gaga Edition (March 16)

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

$6.99, £3.49 UK, €5.29 EU (560 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for
“Lady Gaga Pack 01”

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Also, Rock Band 3 announced:

Quote:Harmonix is developing Rock Band 3 for worldwide release this holiday season! The game, which will be published by MTV Games and distributed by Electronic Arts, will innovate and revolutionize the music genre once again, just as Harmonix did with the original Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and The Beatles: Rock Band. Stay tuned for more details!
http://www.facebook.com/RockBand
Thanked by:
didn't we already know about rock band 3, because that one guy was like 'developing a n ew guitar controller' or something

Quote:bullshit arch enemy is metalcore
wait what
since when

i haven't really seen any metalcore influences in their stuff

though to be fair i didn't listen to most of rise of the tyrant??

ed. okay yeah im listening to a bit more of Rise of the Tyrant and there is definitely a hint of metalcore in here

song-quality is basically around where it's always been on average (bordering between "okay" and "mediocre")
Thanked by:
Quote:Harmonix is developing Rock Band 3 for worldwide release this holiday season! The game, which will be published by MTV Games and distributed by Electronic Arts, will innovate and revolutionize the music genre once again, just as Harmonix did with the original Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and The Beatles: Rock Band. Stay tuned for more details!
really
it revolutionized the music genre
really

because
i thought it just made people who actually know how to play instruments rage really hard at the people who think they're gods because they can beat the hardest song on guitar hero on super duper woahhhh extreme turbo mode without looking at the screen
Thanked by:
Well, they added rhythm to the games... more than Guitar Hero can say...
Thanked by:
rock band kind of introduced the whole "you can use other instruments" thing instead of just guitars
and brought more people into it's folds and introduced them to older music and other kinds of music and all sorts of other things

so yes it did kind of

revolutionize

things
Thanked by:
(03-10-2010, 11:41 AM)Gizmonicgamer Wrote: didn't we already know about rock band 3, because that one guy was like 'developing a n ew guitar controller' or something

It turns out that was all BS or something. :X

Idk, we all knew it was coming, but I'm glad it was officially announced so we can expect some song announcements. :D
Thanked by:
George Harrison's son said that in passing, but he's not even involved in RB3...

There is a game working on a realistic guitar but eh. I don't want to play real instruments, I want to hit plastic toys along to the beat. If I wanted to really play the songs I would.
Thanked by:
Quote:Hey gang,

Most of you have already caught the Lady Gaga announcement from earlier in the week, but next week Ms. Gaga will be joined by a few other rocking singles from Mute Math, 3 Doors Down and The Subways. Check it out! RBN DLC from this past week will be posted below shortly, so keep posted!

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (March 16) and PlayStation 3 system (March 18):

Lady Gaga – “Bad Romance”
Lady Gaga – “Just Dance”
Lady Gaga – “Monster”
Lady Gaga – “Poker Face”
3 Doors Down – “It’s Not My Time”
Mute Math – “Control”
South Park – “Poker Face (Cartman version)”
The Subways – “Oh Yeah”
The Subways – “Rock & Roll Queen”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Lady Gaga Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” are also available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

$6.99, £3.49 UK, €5.29 EU (560 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Lady Gaga Pack 01”

Came out today.
Thanked by:
Sorry, had a dead computer for a bit.

Quote:Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (March 23) and PlayStation 3 system (March 25):

• X – “Blue Spark” +
• X – “The Hungry Wolf”
• X – “I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts”
• X – “Los Angeles”
• Little Fish – “Am I Crazy” +
• Little Fish – “Bang Bang” *
• Little Fish – “Darling Dear” *
• Ace Frehley – “Outer Space”
• Carrie Underwood – “All-American Girl” +
• OneRepublic – “Stop & Stare” +

These tracks will be available for purchase as “X Pack 01,” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” are also available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store. “Am I Crazy” will be available only on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and will be a free track.

Price:

$6.99, £3.49 UK, €5.29 EU (560 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “X Pack 01”
* Denotes $.99, £.59 UK, €.79 EU (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360)

Terrible week: nice variety, shitty bands.

Quote:Hey gang,

As announced in Rolling Stone yesterday, the Jimi Hendrix Experience is coming (exclusively!) to Rock Band with the classic album Axis: Bold As Love, along with the new Jimi Hendrix single Valley of Neptune. Pretty epic announcement, right? Check it out!

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (March 30) and PlayStation 3 system (April 1):

• “Up From the Skies”
• “Spanish Castle Magic” +
• “Wait Until Tomorrow” +
• “Ain’t No Telling” +
• “Little Wing” +
• “If 6 Was 9” +
• “You Got Me Floatin’” +
• “Castles Made of Sand”
• “She’s So Fine” +
• “One Rainy Wish” +
• “Little Miss Lover”
• “Bold As Love” +
• “Valleys of Neptune”

(Tracks marked with “+” are also available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.)

These tracks will be available for purchase as the “Axis: Bold As Love Album” pack, as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks only on Wii.

Price:
$19.99, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1600 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Axis: Bold As Love Album”

In addition to Axis: Bold as Love, the rest of Jimi Hendrix's discography will be available in time. Regardless of if you are a Hendrix fan or not, that a pretty big deal. Purple Haze, All Along the Watchtower, The Wind Cries Mary, Voodoo Child (Slight Return); all big hits. I love Little Wing and Spanish Castle Magic from this album, too.
Thanked by:
Anberlin – “Feel Good Drag”
Busted – “Thunderbirds Are Go!”
Coheed and Cambria – “Guns of Summer” +
Coheed and Cambria – “Here We Are Juggernaut”
Coheed and Cambria – “The Broken” +
Flyleaf – “Again”
Grateful Dead – “Beat It on Down the Line” +
Grateful Dead – “Cumberland Blues” +
Grateful Dead – “Scarlet Begonias” +
Grateful Dead – “Throwing Stones”
Grateful Dead – “Touch of Grey” +
Grateful Dead – “U.S. Blues” +
Hawk Nelson – “Live Life Loud”
Judas Priest – “Breaking the Law (Live)” +
Judas Priest – “Rapid Fire (Live)” +
Judas Priest – “Metal Gods (Live)”
Judas Priest – “Grinder (Live)” +
Judas Priest – “United (Live)” +
Judas Priest – “Living After Midnight (Live)”
Judas Priest – “You Don’t Have to Be Old to Be Wise (Live)”
Judas Priest – “The Rage (Live)” +
Judas Priest – “Steeler (Live)” +
No Doubt – “Different People” +
No Doubt – “End It on This” +
No Doubt – “Happy Now?” +
No Doubt – “Hey You” +
No Doubt – “Sixteen” +
No Doubt – “The Climb” +
No Doubt – “Tragic Kingdom” +
No Doubt – “World Go ‘Round” +
No Doubt – “You Can Do It”
Orianthi – “According to You” +
Pantera – “The Great Southern Trendkill”
Pantera – “War Nerve”
Pantera – “Drag the Waters”
Pantera – “10’s”
Pantera – “13 Steps to Nowhere”
Pantera – “Suicide Note Pt. II”
Pantera – “Living Through Me (Hell’s Wrath)
Pantera – “Floods”
Pantera – “The Underground in America”
Pantera – “(Reprise) Sandblasted Skin”
Picture Me Broken – “Dearest (I’m So Sorry)” *
P.O.D. – “Alive”
Serj Tankian – “Empty Walls”
Serj Tankian – “Sky is Over” +
Silverchair – “Tomorrow”
Siouxsie & The Banshees – “Peek-a-Boo”
Skillet – “Monster”
Smash Mouth – “All Star” +
The Smithereens – “A Girl Like You”
The Smithereens – “Only a Memory” +
Spoon – “Trouble Comes Running”
Spoon – “Don’t You Evah”
Spoon – “I Turn My Camera On”
Spoon – “Got Nuffin”
Superchick – “Stand in the Rain”
Supergrass – “Sun Hits the Sky” +
Switchfoot – “Meant to Live”
Thousand Foot Krutch – “Fire It Up”
The Used – “Blood on My Hands”
The Used – “Born to Quit”
The Used – “The Taste of Ink”
The Violent Femmes – “American Music”

These songs have been made available since last I updated this thread. As you can see, Rock Band DLC has been total shit. I just figured it's been a while, so I thought I'd let you all know what's been added.

Hopefully this decline will mean they are saving some good songs for RB3. Also, keyboards:

HMXThrasher Wrote:Hey everyone - happy Friday!

It's awesome that you've all been discussing the little surprise we snuck into the GDRB demo. Some of you have posed questions about what that little surprise means and right now I can answer one - we are very excited to confirm keyboard support for RB3.

We know you've all got a TON of other questions but sit tight - we'll have a lot more RB3 news in a few weeks at E3. (Trust us, you'll be amazed).

If you haven't gotten to see the RB3 teaser screen for yourself yet, the Green Day Rock Band demo is still available. Download it to check everything out for yourself.
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthrea...tcount=828

A screenshot of the Green Day: Rock Band demo showing the keyboard icon can be found here. I'm not sure what to think about keyboards being implemented, considering there are tons of songs that have already been released that include keyboard/piano yet will lack the compatibility with the controller they are sure to announce. :/
Thanked by:
It aint all shit.

Judas Priest and Pantera are both there.
Thanked by: