Users browsing this thread: 36 Guest(s)
kirby !!
wheelie bikes are a must.

otherwise the game might be TOO BABY
Thanked by: Vipershark
(01-31-2011, 03:22 PM)Fuchikoma Wrote: otherwise the game might be TOO BABY

just like gillian right?

Thanked by: Cobalt Blue
(01-31-2011, 03:22 PM)Fuchikoma Wrote: wheelie bikes are a must.

Did you just say "Too baby"? Methinks you mean "too babyish". Anyway, that isn't usually a problem. If you think the games are babyish, just take a gander at most of the final bosses.

Especially Dark Mind. That thing is horrifying.
[Image: H4KAm.gif]
Yup. I'm a Touhou fan.
Thanked by:
[Image: sploder.gif]

yeah
(01-31-2011, 05:40 PM)DragonBoy Wrote:

Did you just say "Too baby"? Methinks you mean "too babyish". Anyway, that isn't usually a problem. If you think the games are babyish, just take a gander at most of the final bosses.

that boss would be horrible if you were a baby, actually.

but kirby games arent meant to be contra. whole point of the character is to be as cartoonish as posible.
Thanked by:
Really, if you think about it, some of the villains have somewhat deep, dark themes about them, but are still portrayed in a rather cartoony way, especially the Dream Land ones.

I mean, if you think about it, Dark Matter is really creepy in theme and idea ( I mean, anything involving bodily possession is pretty creepy), but is still shown in a way that will not bother younger audiences who are less likely to analyze the designs.

Similarly, Zero and Zero Two also do this.

Sakurai's characters, however, tend to be a bit more lighthearted; for example, Marx is simply the typical "take over the world" sort of guy, and Nightmare - his special power is to make people have bad dreams.

Then, of course, we have the more recent final bosses (Dark Mind, Drawcia, Dark Star, Yin-Yarn) are pretty much also like the previous two: they seem to come straight from some sort of children's story, with not much really making them too bad.

... so I guess, just Dark Matter and its variants, really...

Note that there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a nice, lighthearted game. I just enjoy it when a game tries to tackle something not so lighthearted in a cute, cartoony fashion.
Thanked by:
dark mind was actually pretty damn hard for a kirby game, i still can't beat all the forms in a row without calling in my partners
Thanked by: Phantom Killah
(01-31-2011, 07:44 PM)Fuchikoma Wrote:
(01-31-2011, 05:40 PM)DragonBoy Wrote:

that boss would be horrible if you were a baby, actually.

but kirby games arent meant to be contra. whole point of the character is to be as cartoonish as posible.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Kirby games are fucking horrible, violent machines.

Haha, Kenju showed me that xD

I guess when you look at it that way, it can be quite gruesome.
Yup. I'm a Touhou fan.
Thanked by:
(01-31-2011, 08:12 PM)tuna Wrote: dark mind was actually pretty damn hard for a kirby game, i still can't beat all the forms in a row without calling in my partners

Yeah, he is certainly one of the hardest, if not THE hardest Kirby final boss.
I was able to beat him without calling for "help from my friends" 2 times. And neither of them was with the Master ability. Actually, it was with Smash and UFO, the two most OP abilities ever.
Thanked by:
I was about to post the Marx scream, but the end of that video had the scariest final boss deaths already. xD
Thanked by: Kitsu
Ah yes. The death scream of Marx Soul. Not for kids. I myself stared at the screen with my mouth agape when I saw not only him screaming in pain but his body splitting in half and exploding.

Graphic.
Yup. I'm a Touhou fan.
Thanked by:
(02-01-2011, 09:14 AM)DragonBoy Wrote: Ah yes. The death scream of Marx Soul. Not for kids. I myself stared at the screen with my mouth agape when I saw not only him screaming in pain but his body splitting in half and exploding.

Graphic.

splatterhouse 3 was basically an educational game compared to that
[Image: img1263p.jpg]

Shhh, a floating paper mache Kirby just floated into my room... I'm so fucking scared.
Hi. I wanted to come in here to say my favorite Kirby game is and will always be Nightmare In Dreamland/Kirby's Adventure.
Thanked by: