Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
Probably not Pokemon
It's Fire/Steel and the fire starter for my fan-region (visible flames are for scrubs).

[Image: onis-1.gif]
[Image: onishiny.gif]

New clubs. I like them.
Thanked by:
well, I still don't like the sprite.

the second pokémon could have better hand-clubs if the spikes were smaller and more evenly distributed across the arm, like the ref.

[Image: Oni.jpg]

same goes for the last pokémon, which has even wonkier arm. Also, as a result of having thick spiky arms, its pose looks awkward and not interesting at all. One would use the fact it's a pokémon with clubs as arms to make a fierce looking sprite.

lastly, the horn in the last one isn't as curvy as it's supposed to be.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Spamazoid muhahahahahahaha i like your sprites. You should make a Ninja pokemon that would be Cool Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Thanked by:
Warned for spamming!

Go read the rules.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
(06-22-2011, 11:15 PM)masquerain Wrote: [Image: beetles.gif]
Grubiny, Pupike, and Teracles.

This ones soo awesome..
Character Reference: 1 2
Love: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thanked by:
Bump dump

[Image: eel.png]

Unfinished widepixel portrait for the widepixel challenge.

[Image: pegasnes.gif][Image: marqat.gif][Image: tyranuke.gif][Image: eltaok.gif]

Pokemon which I REALLY went overboard on the shading with. They're not in Pokemon style I guess

[Image: megiddo.gif]

Portrait of my undead warrior on WoW. I'm seeing a ton of things wrong with her face now.

[Image: gors4red.gif]

Gorsmole for HG

[Image: madaracrop.gif]

small 50x50 icon for my deviantart and wherever else might need those.
Thanked by:
[Image: leefdukshade-1.gif]

[Image: sweetduck1.png] < DUBE. just how HIGH do you have to BE to rank up into a conksuck peice of ass like taht?

Redoing Valckin's shading, also:

[Image: valckin4palette1.png][Image: valckin4palette2.png]

Which palette do you like better?
Thanked by:
first palette seems to fit him more.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
yup. because he looks 'fiery', the yellow on the gun complements the visual more.
Thanked by:
OKAY, SO...

This is pretty unrelated to what I've been doing lately, but I've always really wanted to make a cool pixel scene that pushes the limits of my skills, since most of what I art is standalone crap.

[Image: kikinak.png]

I started on the character first since that's what I'm most comfortable with.

At this point I mostly need anatomy, composition, and perspective critiques...

Can't take full credit for the character, it's a reimagining of Kikinak from Jade Cocoon.
Thanked by:
[Image: kikinak-1.png]

Palettes I'm using are This and This combined, both by Dawnbringer.

UPDATE:
[Image: kikinak-2.png]
Thanked by:
the texture on the feathers are good but aren't conveying depth. One tip I could give is to shade it simply, as if he was entirely made of smooth plastic. Then, you can start adding texturing on the shapes. This way, you can texturize it while keeping the main basic shading to it.
Thanked by:
(12-12-2011, 07:33 AM)Accelgors Wrote: the texture on the feathers are good but aren't conveying depth. One tip I could give is to shade it simply, as if he was entirely made of smooth plastic. Then, you can start adding texturing on the shapes. This way, you can texturize it while keeping the main basic shading to it.

Aaaaugh that took me forever... Is there a way I could fix it without completely deleting all the texture that's there? Like doing the plastic shading on another layer, overlaying it, and fixing the original layer that way... (then deleting the new layer of course)
Thanked by:
W-well actually...
I'm not sure how much sense the bird makes as a whole. I feel like, if you were to think in the 3D sense, that it would come over his head in a totally different way. It just kind of looks arbitrarily drawn over without thought of the shape or depth...
I wish I could be more specific or make an edit or something but I'm not really sure myself how to do it properly

Also, on gorsmole, his arms are lacking proper shaping. His closer arm is just kind of a noodle curve, but then his farther arm has a joint, but it's also noticeably larger and the shoulder just kind of melts into it. I know you're doing simplified arms, but when you do simplified things their basic structures have to be really spot-on or else they just look wonky.
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by:
AAAAAARRRRGHGH

don't get me wrong I love coming back to my threads and seeing good critique

it's just...

i just did a major overhaul of the kikinak pixel art :C

[Image: kikinakrepose.png]

I.. honestly have no idea how to position the bird-hat myself, though I can see from the way I placed it that it's probably wrong, like it'd be tilted more towards the viewer

but it'd be really hard for me to draw it that way without a super-direct reference

so I guess I'll leave it like this for now....

Just a little backstory, copied from PJ:

Quote:The story of this piece (without going too indepth into Jade Cocoon's story) - the character was a minor god stripped of his powers for falling in love with a human. He's watching a major human settlement being destroyed by insects sent by the 'head' god that took away his godhood... He's not looking on in sadness or anger, but rather a quiet sort of contemplation, wondering whose side he should be on.

as for Gorsmole, I figure I can do some edits when I go back and make the previous 3 ranks (already going to make his "eyeshield" red), so I'll keep that in mind Big Grin
Thanked by: