Users browsing this thread: 59 Guest(s)
Super Star Ultra Project - Phase 2
Yeah, I know that pillow-shading is usually considered bad, but it was used for Kabu (check this sheet) and as both are cylindrical (well Two Face is a half cylinder) I thought it would work. I asked before what everyone thought about the shading style and nobody said anything.
Whatever, I'll remake it tomorrow, and I'll try to add more frames.

EDIT: I did a quick try to fix it: [Image: twoface2us1.png]
Not, the final version, only a test. Better?
[Image: goombasrh6.png]
Thanked by:
(01-28-2009, 09:15 PM)AgentLym Wrote: Hm... Torkirby, you may be right. Tongue Yo, Baegal, are you making Ado or Adeline? (Ado has no arms, like yours; Adeline has arms. Wink ) Arms won't be that hard to fix, though. Smile

And, A.J. Nitro, looks good! Big Grin Just his arms look a little like they are being stretched out in the back... But, actually, I think that's just the way the shadow of the arm connects with the black line of the back. Tongue

Im doing adeline. I'll fix the arms
@torkirby, i dont know what to do about the eyes... I tried other things, but... Sad
(01-29-2009, 10:52 AM)ville10 Wrote: Guess I should help others by giving criticism too...

@Drshnaps: Both look very good, keep up the good work!

@Simona-King: Good, but he could be fatter, and the light bulb could be better shaped. Is also need to brighter, as if it was shining.

@A.J. Nitro: Shouldn't Big Waddle Dee be bigger, compared to the original sprite, he looks too small. Otherwise it's good.

@Zachattack888: Chip should probably be a bit pointier and he looks a bit small. You also need to move the eyes up a bit.

@Baegal: The eyes look really boring, check Kirby's sprite, the eyes are never just a straight line. The foots also seems to be pointing in the wrong direction compared to the rest of the body.

@Torkirby: Looks good so far, but I think you should remove the gray pixles below the hat and next to the eyes.

@Batandy: The eye needs to be rounder, and it also seems oddly colored. Check the Kirby's Dream Land 3 sprite for a reference. The yellow part could also use some more shading.
Also, shouldn't the rainbow sword be rainbow colored?

What do you mean by the foots are pointing the wrong way? I also tried with the kirby eyes, but it looked messed up... I'll try again...

And, is the shading okay? Question
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
ville10, if I made Big Waddle Dee any bigger, it'd be big enough to be a mini boss.
Thanked by:
@Baegal: Maybe it's just me, but it's seems like the feet are seen to much from the side. I think that at least the right foot should be seen more from the front.
The shading seems pretty good though.
As for the eyes, check other character's eyes too, like Waddle Dee's and Poppy Bro's. They all have different styles, and one of them might work.

@AJ: Ok, I guess you're right. It's just that he is not as big in comparison to the normal Waddle Dee as the one from amazing mirror are. On the other hand, the sizes in Kirby games changes all the time, so it's no big deal.
[Image: goombasrh6.png]
Thanked by:
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282.../Chip2.png
Any better?
[Image: Sig.png]
Thanked by:
*looks at choice A* AGH!! ... phew... Um... may wanna make those eyes a little less freakish! Wink But, personally, I think choice B is better, it just needs a little/lot more polishing. Tongue
Hm... until I figure out something to put here...

Avatar - drawn by Josh_R691 of Spriter's Resource
edited/animated by AgentLym of Spriter's Resource and deviantART
Thanked by:
mmk lol i thought they were weirrd myself..... guess i was too
lazy to fix em'.
Thanked by:
Where's choice C?
Thanked by:
...there is no C.
Thanked by:
(01-29-2009, 08:54 AM)AgentLym Wrote: @ Zach (KK)
Hm... something seems off, but I don't know what. Tongue It looks as if an animal is just laying on Kirby's head... But, maybe that's how it's supposed to look! Wink

If you look at squeek squads that's how it is.
Thanked by:
(01-29-2009, 04:47 PM)ville10 Wrote: @Baegal: Maybe it's just me, but it's seems like the feet are seen to much from the side. I think that at least the right foot should be seen more from the front.
The shading seems pretty good though.
As for the eyes, check other character's eyes too, like Waddle Dee's and Poppy Bro's. They all have different styles, and one of them might work.

@AJ: Ok, I guess you're right. It's just that he is not as big in comparison to the normal Waddle Dee as the one from amazing mirror are. On the other hand, the sizes in Kirby games changes all the time, so it's no big deal.

Kay Smile
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
Progress on Needle Kirby.

[Image: KSSUNeedleKirbyproject-1.png]
Pokemon Diamond friend code: Lukas: 4639-5474-5171

Deviantart account

Hazard Puzzle
Thanked by:
(01-29-2009, 03:41 PM)ville10 Wrote: Yeah, I know that pillow-shading is usually considered bad, but it was used for Kabu (check this sheet) and as both are cylindrical (well Two Face is a half cylinder) I thought it would work. I asked before what everyone thought about the shading style and nobody said anything.
Whatever, I'll remake it tomorrow, and I'll try to add more frames.

EDIT: I did a quick try to fix it: [Image: twoface2us1.png]
Not, the final version, only a test. Better?

Okay, not quite what I meant. In the KSSU style, the lightsource is from the top of the screen pointing straight down. In your previous version, the lightsource was somewhere in the foreground, if that makes any sense. All I meant was to add some highlight to the top of his head to tell us that that's where the light's coming from. Sorry for being unclear the first time...

Really, the previous version was okay other than the lack of highlight.
Thanked by:
(01-29-2009, 08:17 PM)Torkirby Wrote: Progress on Needle Kirby.

[Image: KSSUNeedleKirbyproject-1.png]

Not bad, but make sure the eyes are similar to the original before attack face.
Thanked by:
Ok, update for Sword Matter!

[Image: kssuswordmatter5animatinn0.png]

I labeled it all nice and neat, and drew some new animations! Probably forward and backward facing sprites next, then swords and sword animations.

And the "sample" sprite is just one from "moving" down so I had some colors and reference to use, because I had to be zoomed in so far.

Also, if anyone could maybe put this in some kind of game or something, and video my sprite in action, so I can see how all my animations work? That'd be very helpful! Wink

And, Needle Kirby is looking pretty much awesome! Keep up the good work!
Hm... until I figure out something to put here...

Avatar - drawn by Josh_R691 of Spriter's Resource
edited/animated by AgentLym of Spriter's Resource and deviantART
Thanked by: