Users browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)
Official Rock Band (Main Titles/Spin-offs/DLC/Network) Discussion
(07-25-2009, 10:50 PM)-The Raytheon Experience- Wrote: not groundbreaking really, just cool

With guitar hero music studio having vocals, you can mirror any song on guitar hero too :V

They are nothing alike in the slightest. With Guitar Hero you just mash together sound bytes and, as you mentioned, "mirror" songs. RBN uses the actual master tracks for the actual songs.

Bands, signed with a label or not, can use this to display the tracks they want to display, not just Harmonix or the fans of the game. It will send tons of indie bands into stardom.

And, like I said, Sub Pop wants to include it's entire catalog; this means entire albums no one would even think (just dream :>) could ever be on Rock Band! Like I also mentioned, my favorite band's, The Thermals, first three albums were released on Sub Pop. No one I know has even heard of them, and yet, they have a chance at having 3/4 of their discography in the game!

I consider it groundbreaking. :P

P.S. And yes, ever since Guitar Hero 3, the franchise gained a bad reputation when it came to overcharting their songs. So then they tried to fix it in World Tour and ended up with some of the worst charting I've seen yet (undercharting one part of the song, then completely going over board for the next part). And this has continued so far all the way through Smash Hits so I expect the next 10 sequels/spinoffs this year to do the same.

P.S.S. The intro to TTFAF is actually the sound of a Spanish guitar. However, it was not "played" by an actual human being. But, hey, that's Dragonforce for ya!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official Rock Band (1/2/Lego/Beatles/Unplugged/DLC/Network) Discussion - by Camo - 07-26-2009, 12:29 AM