Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
Bobby Kotick insults every indie game dev in the world (Except Bungie)
(09-25-2010, 11:53 AM)Track Eleven Wrote:
(09-21-2010, 06:52 PM)/■/ Wrote:
(09-21-2010, 06:24 PM)Track Eleven Wrote:
(09-21-2010, 05:06 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: How often do western developers make something of "wow" quality?
multiple times every year
wow quality? pfffffffffffffffffffffff
oh no i dont like shooters clearly nothing of quality is ever made by a western developer ever im going to blindly claim otherwise and pass it off as fact

I used to love shooters but then I just got sick of getting the same stuff all the time. But I probably missed out on getting a lot of the better stuff because of stupidity and everyone I played with got the most generic popular games and I got what they got. That's why I asked earlier if I was "missing something" but nobody ever gave me examples or anything. And the quoted phrase itself is a question. It just seems like western games are so stuck on a single image and a single genre that it's easy to forget the times when they're not. I really don't know many examples of when they're not. ~I'm a ignorant~

But either way I don't think Japanese developers should be wishing they could appeal directly to Western audiences because last time I checked, they aren't very good at it, and if they did then it would become very monotonous. If Japanese developers suck then they need to get up to par with their own games, not trying to copy what works here for easy profits. It sounds to me like the makers of established series are too afraid to try new things so they just milk out sequel #599 and now they want to milk out shooter #599 while they're at it.
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bobby Kotick insults every indie game dev in the world (Except Bungie) - by StarSock64 - 09-25-2010, 03:51 PM