Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Bobby Kotick insults every indie game dev in the world (Except Bungie)
(09-25-2010, 03:51 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: But either way I don't think Japanese developers should be wishing they could appeal directly to Western audiences because last time I checked, they aren't very good at it, and if they did then it would become very monotonous.

um

they kinda have to

or did you forget tons and tons of game developers (kojima for instance) warning that the japanese game industry will cease to grow unless they start giving much more shit to the western audience than the eastern audience?

this is why namco is facing such a crisis, only 1/3 of their games actually release on america, and it's all very japanese shit that the usual western audience that loves hollywood-ish stuff doesn't care

this is why we have Dead Rising and Dead Rising 2. Not only it's a great game (dunno about the second one, probably is), but it appeals to the western audience perfectly. Mall infested with zombies and your main character looks like an action movie star? Ka-fucking-ching.

Anyway, amazing reply of Peter Tamte lmao I loved it
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bobby Kotick insults every indie game dev in the world (Except Bungie) - by Rökkan - 09-26-2010, 04:45 PM