Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What's your major/ what do you want to major in?
Clarifying my earlier post:

I meant majors that were closely related, like game design and computer science. If you take game design and intend to be a programmer, whether or not that you have a game design degree or computer science degree doesn't matter. You're still learning to be a programmer, and the type doesn't matter as much; what matters is the fact that you worked hard and well to become a programmer (in this case, specifically a game programmer, but that can still be generalised) and will work hard and well when you are a programmer. As I said, work experience matters much more than a major in the long run, and you should still get work experience before you get you degree or as a part of your education. The actual degree that doesn't matter (its title), whereas the education that goes along with it does matter.

The same can apply to other degrees, but game design and computer science happened to be what was brought up, and I can't think of many other degrees that are that closely related (they do exist, but I'm not thinking of them at the moment).
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's your major/ what do you want to major in? - by RétroX - 10-27-2011, 08:36 PM