Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
[Program]2D Skeletal Animation Editor
I got bones binded to vertices. As well as animated skins(textures), key frammabled skins. Transforming into the Z axis, except for scale, also has been done. Atm, i'm working on vertex weighting for bones so i can avoid a "lego" effect. It should make animating look more smooth and natural. O yea, skins no longer "belong" to a specific bone, they belong to the whole skeleton. You can move vertices around to get the shape you want before attaching to bones. With skins not belonging to a specific bone, it allows me to have multiple bones affect a single texture or vertex.

After i get vertex weighting good and ready, the rest will be "extra" features. Ima try to avoid feature creep though. Some things im thinking of adding are bones that are affected by the animation movement like physics. I may also improve the IK by allowing fixed bones. Atm, it uses CCD, but i might try to find other algorithms to see how they feel.

After that, i should be able to get to the editor part as i've only been creating the core functions of the skeletal animation engine.
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl
Thanked by: Previous

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Program]2D Skeletal Animation Editor - by TheShyGuy - 07-11-2012, 08:41 PM