Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dark Knight Rises killings in Aurora
(07-26-2012, 02:55 AM)Kriven Wrote: Whether guns and gun control are the problem here, I don't know. I do know that Holmes legally purchased his AR-15, and that is terrifying to me. Not that he, that specific individual did it, but that anyone, absolutely anyone, can go in and purchase such a powerful weapon. That's scary to me. I don't like that.

It's not that anyone is capable of legally purchasing firearms; remember that Holmes was a perfectly normal person before he finally snapped and went into a downward spiral that led to him shooting up a movie theater. Like I've been saying, he was on his way to a doctorate in neuroscience. He had no warning signs that he was going to snap until the day it happened. In fact, speculation says he got into the theater because a friend thought he wanted to sneak into the movie, and not once did anyone find suspicion in that.

Don't be afraid that anyone can purchase firearms; be afraid that anyone can outright snap and murder the shit out of things, be it themselves or a mob of people.

(07-26-2012, 02:55 AM)Kriven Wrote: I don't see why the issues of stress and gun control even need to affect one another. Why does stricter gun controls mean we aren't approaching the issue of a high-pressure society? I don't understand why you're suggesting that guns can't be better controlled and regulated, while also tackling the entirely unrelated issue of making our society chill the fuck out.
You're kind of missing the point I'm making; I'm saying that we shouldn't focus our efforts into something that is clearly irrelevant to the criminal equation. Ray already pretty much proved how this is really irrelevant to criminal activity propagation, and that it won't do anything aside from keeping guns out of the hands of people who have better self-control and who wouldn't commit any form of atrocity. I'd be beating a dead horse if I continue with the "bad people will already do bad things" argument so I won't go ahead with that.

Our society needs to calm down, and that's a shitton more relevant to the problem than guns and gun control are. I'm saying that we shouldn't care about gun control because it's very likely to cause more harm than to do anything to solve the problem. Also, we suck at gun control, anyway.
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Dark Knight Rises killings in Aurora - by -Bwar- - 07-20-2012, 04:49 AM
RE: Dark Knight Rises killings in Aurora - by Ton - 07-20-2012, 01:04 PM
RE: Dark Knight Rises killings in Aurora - by Ton - 07-20-2012, 03:47 PM
RE: Dark Knight Rises killings in Aurora - by Rosencrantz - 07-26-2012, 07:05 PM