Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
blitZee's pixel wall
(10-05-2012, 11:23 AM)Previous Wrote: Let's start with a few basics.

At best, post your sprites at 1x resolution and not upscaled (though you may add an upscaled version as well). Do not use a white or black sheet background, but go for a more neutral colour instead that doesn't beln with the sprite, either. Some pale desaturated green, for example.

Concerining the sprite itself, it has anatomy issues mostly (anatomy is hard, yes). The arms look bend strangely (the far arm has no elbow, the close lower arm is bent downwards, but should be more straight, and I think the upper arm should be a tad longer, lower a bit shorter). The close leg is shorter then the right one (even consideing the pose), I guess the thigh is too short. The belt bucket implies that his torso is turned towards the viewer too much. Move it more to the (viewer's) right.
The purpe shade has too much contrast and a not pure black outline may look nicer, too (really dark purple / grey, for example).

Others may be able to help more Tongue

Thanks, it was helpful enough for me ^^. I *tried* to fix some of the addressed problems (the resolution was actually 1x, so i scaled it down instead), but forgot/didn't know how/couldn't fix others (the contrast problem couldn't be fixed as i hit my maximum quota of colors). Anyways, i don't know if i should keep on working in 8bit anymore, keep on constantly hitting the max colors :/ Besides, i don't know what sprite i should do now, outta ideas...But thanks for helping me out, i really appreciate it
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
blitZee's pixel wall - by blitZee - 10-05-2012, 10:55 AM
RE: blitZee's pixel wall - by Garamonde - 10-05-2012, 11:01 AM
RE: blitZee's pixel wall - by blitZee - 10-05-2012, 11:11 AM
RE: blitZee's pixel wall - by Previous - 10-05-2012, 11:23 AM
RE: blitZee's pixel wall - by blitZee - 10-05-2012, 12:42 PM
RE: blitZee's pixel wall - by Previous - 10-05-2012, 12:53 PM
RE: blitZee's pixel wall - by blitZee - 10-05-2012, 01:09 PM
RE: blitZee's pixel wall - by Hoeloe - 10-07-2012, 05:27 AM