Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
Anyone Like Capcom fighting games?
Although I've shifted more towards SNK fighters in the past couple years, I still love me a good Capcom fighter, especially Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike and Street Fighter Alpha 2 (sorry, some things in 3 bug me way too much). I've always mained Ken m'self, and in SF3's case, Sean as well. I also loved the first Marvel vs. Capcom, usually choosing Megaman and Spiderman. When Capcom isn't fucking lazy and constantly rehashing resources, they make incredibly solid fighting games. As an addendum that might piss off some of you, I've not yet played the Darkstalkers games. Sorry. Sad

Since the World Heroes series has been brought up: the first one is decent at best, but they got a lot better after that, with the best probably being WH2 Jet. I actually quite enjoy the World Heroes games, despite them being obvious cash-ins on SF2, and I was glad to see SNK revive some characters for Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. I especially enjoyed the goofy-ass humor of the series, which is very apparent in the games' endings.

Lastly, I'm just gonna admit this: I think that the Fighters History games are solid, and I love 'em. Massive rip-offs of Street Fighter 2? Oh, maliciously, but they're still very competent outside of the creativity department. FH Dynamite is probably the closest to an SF2 experience you'll get on the Neo Geo. Plus, the last boss is Karnov. Motherfucking KARNOV.
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
Thanked by: Tellis, Gors

Messages In This Thread
Anyone Like Capcom fighting games? - by Novally - 02-20-2013, 04:30 AM
RE: Anyone Like Capcom fighting games? - by Gors - 02-20-2013, 05:06 AM
RE: Anyone Like Capcom fighting games? - by Gors - 02-20-2013, 05:57 AM
RE: Anyone Like Capcom fighting games? - by Gors - 02-20-2013, 07:40 AM
RE: Anyone Like Capcom fighting games? - by Gors - 02-20-2013, 08:13 AM
RE: Anyone Like Capcom fighting games? - by Gors - 02-20-2013, 02:11 PM
RE: Anyone Like Capcom fighting games? - by BullockDS - 02-20-2013, 11:56 PM
RE: Anyone Like Capcom fighting games? - by Gors - 02-21-2013, 05:26 AM