Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Looking for Capcom models from Dreamcast
(02-09-2024, 11:37 PM)ednabisco Wrote: What a colossal pain in the neck. If I had known how hard this was going to be, I wouldn't have started. What is the famous programmers’ credo, "We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they were going to be easy."
I had intended to rip many models from Dreamcast games, but if each one is going to be this hard, I don't think I will continue. It's true that other games might be a lot easier, so maybe I will look into it. At this point, I think I have finished my first model. I am not sure if I will be able to post it because I am not sure it meets all the requirements in the Wiki (https://wiki.vg-resource.com/What_Makes_...ormats,DAE).

I have submitted the model for posting. I do not know how long that approval process takes, from what I have read, it can take a couple of months, especially because I am new. They said in a post that new submitters often take longer to approve.  If the model comes out, and anyone wants to try to improve on it, I'm sure you can do a better job than I did. This is my first ever model and first time using Blender.
I am so very tired of this project. I wish there was an easier way to rip these models.
If for some reason my submissions is rejected, and I can't post the G Kaiser here, I will see if I can post a link to it later in this thread. I don't know that it is allowed for me to post what I have and circumvent their approval process, and use their forum to provide the link. That kind of thing might not be allowed.
For now I just need to be patient with the approval process. I am under the delusion that G. Kaiser and other Tech Romancer models are desired. Maybe that is just because I have been looking for them for a long time, but other than the OP, I am not sure anyone cares. It's too bad Tech Romancer never got a re-release. I think a lot of people would love it if they were aware of it's existence. It is a game for the fans of giant robots such as Macross and Gundam, etc.
Hey friend!  Wow you've been busy! Big Grin Sorry for the absence, but my disability has a lot to do with my cognitive function and fatigue, so I lost track of this conversation unfortunately  Shy   I also unfortunately lost my modeler, who was working with me, but now has a paid opportunity he's pursuing Cry Cry Since we're still getting the pixel part of the game together, I thought that I'd just focus on trying to direct that, and try to find another modeler later who can help out with that part of the game. We never came up with anything new on Dreamcast models, but there's a forum I was recommended to called Dreamcast talk. I got it as soon as I lost my modeler though, so I didn't follow up on it unfortunately Unsure  I did take a quick gander at it though, and it seems that there's quite a bit of information there, possibly even on how to rip models! I'll likely pursue that when I have time, but right now I'm working on both a comic and game, so I've got to try and focus my time on what I have to do Content If you keep using this like a blog, I will certainly follow you, because Dreamcast deserves more than being some forgotten vaporware! Thanks for doing the work to show it Smile
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for Capcom models from Dreamcast - by Dreamstation2000 - 02-13-2024, 08:05 PM