Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
Pending sections no longer visible
(05-29-2024, 03:20 AM)Fawfulthegreat64 Wrote: So... a VERY USEFUL feature got disabled because some users decided to be annoying about it? That sounds like it should have been dealt with for the users in question. Warn them, tempban them, etc. Permaban them if they don't take the hint. I don't like not knowing if my submissions are redundant and I feel like this hurts legitimate users who aren't annoying complainers more.

A very useful feature for the handful of users actually using it correctly. Its intent was to show users what was pending so they wouldn't waste time ripping duplicate content. 99.99% of the time though, it was just another data point for people to use to complain. It was constant and unfair to the staff to have to put up with that level of abuse day in and day out. I agree with you that it's also unfair for the small subset of users making use of it correctly but nobody reads anything and we can't ban 80% of the community. I hate when a good thing is ruined for everyone because a group of people misuse it but that's where we are.
Thanked by: DJ_Fox11

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pending sections no longer visible - by Petie - 05-29-2024, 10:17 AM
RE: Pending sections no longer visible - by CCAM - 05-29-2024, 04:20 AM
RE: Pending sections no longer visible - by Petie - 05-29-2024, 11:54 AM