Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Should tMR allow .blend files?
DAE absolutely supports normals, but suffers from terrible implementation problems.
It's no secret that the majority of rips are finalised with Blender, and because it's free open source software, I would see no problem adding .blend files to the mix. Ironically FBX is proprietary and nonfree, but has wide support and zero implementation problems to my knowledge.
Petie's points are fair.

My hot take: allow any format (even .c4d or .max), recommend .blend but require OBJ or DAE for compatibility sake.
I mean, I'd love to post my PSD sprite rips so animation and layering would be apparent, but obviously that's a bad idea because Photoshop is a paid program. PNG works for sprites in the same "compatibility reasons" as OBJ in the 3D sense of things.

Then there's .glb and .gltf too, which absolutely would be good to have, but the sad reality is that there is no (and _can_ be no) real true super all-encompassing format for any 3D stuff. If you wanna be pedantic, there can be no "true" sprite format either, but I digress.

I would like to hear Peardian's and Dazz's takes on this.
Once there was a way to get back homeward
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should tMR allow .blend files? - by Petie - 06-21-2024, 07:38 PM
RE: Should tMR allow .blend files? - by Raccoon Sam - 06-26-2024, 04:25 AM
RE: Should tMR allow .blend files? - by Peardian - 06-26-2024, 11:11 AM
RE: Should tMR allow .blend files? - by Petie - 06-26-2024, 11:56 AM