Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Should tMR allow .blend files?
Personally I don't see why an optional blend file of a rip is any more of an issue than an optional blend file of a custom which is allowed (and I'm assuming is subjected to the same checking a rip submission would be).

Speaking as someone who barely knew my way around 3D when I first discovered the site, I really just wanted to make renders and struggled a lot with the amount of things that weren't set up by default and had to be manually set up. I think a rip that provides the user with the model with as many of its in-game features intact is a valid thing that most users downloading models would appreciate having. Not as a requirement obviously but considering Blender is free, and it wouldn't replace the .dae/.obj that's already required in a submission, I think it would only be a positive thing to have should the submitter choose to include it. I get the checking thing, and I think maybe adding a caveat of not allowing blend files with images embedded (so they just use the textures already included in every submission) might make it easier.

I already know that I'd have preferred to set up the materials and include ready-to-go blend files in most of my rips, a huge pet peeve of mine is the textures not being transparent when loading a dae into Blender. I had to scour the web to find a script that would automate fixing that with one click since some of them have many different materials. I think the more convenient a model is to download and use, the better. If it ever does become allowed I will definitely try to go back through my rips and add one. I personally would want people who download my rips to be able to open them up and have them look like they do in the preview render.
[Image: OOovP5l.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should tMR allow .blend files? - by Petie - 06-21-2024, 07:38 PM
RE: Should tMR allow .blend files? - by Peardian - 06-26-2024, 11:11 AM
RE: Should tMR allow .blend files? - by Petie - 06-26-2024, 11:56 AM
RE: Should tMR allow .blend files? - by Fawfulthegreat64 - 06-26-2024, 03:31 PM