Users browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)
Struggling to rip sprites from .apk
Hello! Over the past day or two, I've been trying to rip sprites and textures from a mobile game that I used to play, but I feel like I've hit a brick wall. I've downloaded the APK and looked through everything I could, but I'm stuck. I was hoping my experience in ripping textures from PS2/PS3 games for personal projects would carry over in at least some capacity but this is entirely new territory for me and I haven't been able to get much done.

The APK in question is Big Win Racing by Hothead Games
Goal: Extracting all sponsor/fictional company logos 
Bonus Goal: Maybe even getting their official names (as some logos don't have any names on them) and car color palettes + liveries too, but that seems like a totally different area of expertise..

Here's what I've been able to find on my own:
- I've looked through the entire APK and didn't find much. The /assets/ folder contains three files, two of which are .mp3 files named "content" and "scripts". Looking through them with HxD shows that there's definitely files hidden in them, but I wasn't able to find any headers/footers for filetypes that would be relevant to me (not ruling out the possibility that I could have missed them, though).
- I have no idea if the files are encrypted or not, as I have no idea how to differentiate between them.
- I'm fairly confident that the game was not made in Unity.
- I'm worried this might be one of those situations where I would need the OBB file to actually find what I'm looking for, because if that is the case, then I really am stuck because I don't have any Android devices to obtain the OBB file from.

Any and all assistance is appreciated. Thank you! Cute
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Struggling to rip sprites from .apk - by lumbud84 - 07-04-2024, 03:44 PM