Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station]
Okay so, i understand the fact that other websites do not dictate what TSR has or hasn't, however what im trying to say is i don't see a point in having level maps be present on TSR, it doesn't even have any objects, if people wanna recreate level maps they are going to go the the source where level maps are well documented or just use tools like SonLVL for example. Sonic 1
and Sonic 2 maps i can understand their use since they are small but for Sonic 3 it's very disorganized and very inconvenient because they are split into multiple sprite sheets.

It is also weird that tiles[Specifically 8x8 tiles] are not ripped even tho blocks and chunks are created with code(or specifically loading binary data) to place the tiles in the blocks and the chunks.

Now on the topic of the bloat.

While i do understand the purpose of showing every possible palette difference(including the ones that last for singular frame) for the tileset wouldn't be easier to just make a palette table with description on what it is instead of making it a different sheet[e.g Ice Cap background having multiple sheets]? Also, why are fade palettes included if it's done thru code? This website to my knowledge is supposed to rip sprites that are in the files and not things that are rendered in real time thru code[e.g Mode 7 effect].
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paraemon's Comprehensive Ripping Project Thread [Expansion Station] - by darkd04 - 07-11-2024, 01:43 PM