Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Attempting to rip sprites from a DSiWare game (Mighty Milky Way)
Question 
Hey BillyBobResources, & Samevi

I've been taking a crack at ripping all the sprites/art from this game for a few days now, but I haven't had any luck extracting/unpacking the games sprites content; let alone knowing which of the proprietary file formats contains the sprites I'm looking for. All because I want to use these sprites for a project I'm planning on doing soon.

So far I've only used TinkleDSi v0.9.3, Nitro Studio 2 Deluxe (for the .sdat), & TiledGGD. I've only gotten success extracting sound effects & music using Tinkle and Nitro Studio 2 Deluxe, but using the .TS8 and .SCN files with the corresponding palette data in TiledGGD I was still left with a corrupted image data even after messing with a the settings at the top. I can't think of any other ds/dsi/dsiware game that could have a file structure like this, or if this is just a wayforward thing (encrypting already encrypted data). Now having no other ideas on what to do next.

If BillyBobResources could report with any of your findings, I would very much appreciated it Smile ty
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attempting to rip sprites from a DSiWare game (Mighty Milky Way) - by mukruh - 07-22-2024, 03:07 AM