Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Encrypted OFS3 Files?
I'm currently working on extracting character sprites, event illustrations, and dialogue backgrounds from Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris.
The game seems to use the exact same / very similar file types and folder structure as two of its predecessors (Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment and Hollow Realization).
With the sprites / illustrations / backgrounds of the latter being packaged like this:
  1. CPK File
  2. OFS3 Files
  3. PHYRE Files
  4. DDS Files
  5. PNG Files

For Lycoris, I managed to extract the CPK without problems, and even successfully extracted all cutscenes and sound files.
However, I am struggling with unpacking what should be OFS3 files. At first, I thought it was simply a different file type, or incorrectly extracted from the CPK.
The first line when opening it with an HEX editor (which usually should contain the phrase OFS3) only reads this gibberish [HEX Value > ASCII Value]:
  • BC AD B6 B3 BE A6 B3 BE FF 64 B2 FF FF 3A F1 FF > ¼.¶³¾¦³¾ÿd²ÿÿ:ñÿ
And the entire rest of the file looks essentially the same - no clear information anywhere to be found.

However, when scrolling all the way to the bottom, I managed to find these lines [HEX Value > ASCII Value] :
  • 4F 46 53 33 10 00 00 00 00 00 40 00 F0 9B 4D 00 > OFS3......@.ð›M.
  • 4F 46 53 33 10 00 00 00 01 00 40 00 70 6A 27 00 > OFS3......@.pj'.
  • 52 59 48 50 54 00 00 00 D7 08 00 00 31 31 58 44 > RYHPT...×...11XD
Those seem to indicate that the file is an OFS3 file after all. But unpacking it with my usual method (OFS3 Tool by Liquid-S from GitHub) does not work.
QuickBMS also could not extract them as a PHYRE file.

Since I am pretty new to this whole topic, I haven't encountered anything like this before.
My current theory is that the file might be encrypted to some degree, though I have no idea how to confirm this.

Have any of you ever seen something like this, and do you know if there is any way to get this thing unpacked?
I attached one of the affected files, so you can have a look for yourself.

.zip   SpriteOFS3.zip (Size: 871.09 KB / Downloads: 16)
Would be really happy if anyone had some leads for me. And thanks in advance!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Encrypted OFS3 Files? - by Lillyth-Sillyth - 09-19-2024, 07:58 AM