Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
need help with .TEX files from monster dash
I'm having a hard time getting the image files for halfbrick's "monster dash" game. does anyone know how to rip these files?
Thanked by:
You're going to need to include a sample file, otherwise we won't be able to tell you how to decompress them.
Thanked by: ItsTempo
(07-02-2024, 11:30 PM)Skyla Doragono Wrote: You're going to need to include a sample file, otherwise we won't be able to tell you how to decompress them.

It says "The type of file that you attached is not allowed. Please remove the attachment or choose a different type." when i try to  upload, I can send a link to it instead though
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4ohp5jw0q...l.tex/file
Thanked by:
That's a pretty easy one, just RGBA8888 data for a 256x256 image, with 12 bytes to skip. Here's Barry Steakfries in all his pixelated glory:

[Image: VsEjMtJ.png]
applecuckoo - ripper of sounds, sprites and models

Places to get help:
DYKG/VG Resource Discord - This is where most of the ripping experts on the VG Resource hang out these days, so you should probably start here. Any requests to rip stuff (i.e. "Please rip sounds/models/sprites from game X!") are only allowed here as per the rules.

ResHax forum - Another forum that is home to most of the reverse engineers who were on the old ZenHax and XenTax forums. A great place to get help for any mysterious files. I'm also there under the same username.

And remember, always upload example files. That way, people don't have to dig in and fetch them for you.
(07-03-2024, 11:38 PM)applecuckoo Wrote: That's a pretty easy one, just RGBA8888 data for a 256x256 image, with 12 bytes to skip. Here's Barry Steakfries in all his pixelated glory:

[Image: VsEjMtJ.png]
Thanks! I'm pretty new to this so I appreciate the help. I'm not sure what you mean by "12 bytes to skip" though
Thanked by:
That's alright - when I mean '12 bytes to skip' I just mean that there is 12 bytes of 'header' which aren't supposed to be shown.
applecuckoo - ripper of sounds, sprites and models

Places to get help:
DYKG/VG Resource Discord - This is where most of the ripping experts on the VG Resource hang out these days, so you should probably start here. Any requests to rip stuff (i.e. "Please rip sounds/models/sprites from game X!") are only allowed here as per the rules.

ResHax forum - Another forum that is home to most of the reverse engineers who were on the old ZenHax and XenTax forums. A great place to get help for any mysterious files. I'm also there under the same username.

And remember, always upload example files. That way, people don't have to dig in and fetch them for you.
(07-04-2024, 02:49 PM)applecuckoo Wrote: That's alright - when I mean '12 bytes to skip' I just mean that there is 12 bytes of 'header' which aren't supposed to be shown.

Thanks again! Sorry but I'm also not sure how to get the rest of the files as viewable images, can you lmk which method/app you used?
Thanked by: