Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
"bad weighting" error message from model checker
Question 
i got this error message when running a .dae through the model checker.

[Image: Ljv9eqz.png]
i've never gotten this message before, and i have used the same script for ripping all of the other models from this game. what could be wrong and what can i do to fix it? (mediafire link since the site says it's too big to attach, includes .dae file and .blend file)
[Image: dboql0m-f3cfed11-5c83-4b3d-a3a5-df50e37d...lYrzNhnHjM]
Thanked by:
The problem is there are 1953 points that aren't assigned to any vertex group. They are all in the cat models, and they all happen to be loose verts too, which makes them easy to clean up. In Blender, unhide everything, select everything, enter mesh edit mode, select all the vertices, and do Mesh > Clean Up > Delete Loose. You should see a message: "Removed: 1953 vertices, ...".

OTOH, if you didn't intend to export the cat models, you just need to re-export using "Selection Only" or something.
3D Screenshot Tools (NDS / N64 / PS1 / PS2)
Other Tools (apicula / Vagrant Story / Star Ocean Blue Sphere)
Thanked by:
(08-19-2024, 05:19 PM)scurest Wrote: The problem is there are 1953 points that aren't assigned to any vertex group. They are all in the cat models, and they all happen to be loose verts too, which makes them easy to clean up. In Blender, unhide everything, select everything, enter mesh edit mode, selected all the vertices, and do Mesh > Clean Up > Delete Loose. You should see a message: "Removed: 1953 vertices, ...".

OTOH, if you didn't intend to export the cat models, you just need to re-export using "Selection Only" or something.

this seems to have solved the problem. thank you!
[Image: dboql0m-f3cfed11-5c83-4b3d-a3a5-df50e37d...lYrzNhnHjM]
Thanked by: