Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
[Tutorial] Extracting files from My Little Pony Magic Princess (Android)
Information 
What you need
  • An android device
  • A computer
  • The android version. The files in this version are accessible without root (for some reason). I also am not sure if the ios files are the same, or encrypted with a different key (plus, you need to jailbreak to access them).
  • Luna Kit, as well as python

How to get the .ark files

1. After installing the game on your androud device, open it and download the extra data.
  2. In a file manager (you may have you use the stock file manager), go to
    Android/data/com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftPOHM/files.
  3. Copy all the .ark files to your computer.

Now that you have the .ark files, it's very simple to extract them.

Extracting the .ark files
  1. Install Luna Kit by running
    Code:
    pip install git+https://github.com/ego-lay-atman-bay/luna-kit
  2. Now you can run
    Code:
    python -m luna_kit ark path/to/file.ark
    Of course it's not very fast if you have to manually extract them all one at a time, so you can pass in multiple files to extract (plus an output folder).
    Code:
    python -m luna_kit ark path/to/file.ark another/file.ark more.ark -o output/folder

After extracting all the files, you may notice how there are many files that you may not be able to open. I honestly don't have the answer to many of the files, but I can tell you a bit about some files.

.mpc files are audio files, kind of like mp3s, but better quality and smaller file size, although they're not as common. These files can be loaded in audacity, or converted with ffmpeg.

.vxn files are also audio files, but they contain multiple streams. They're used for having an intro, loop, and output. You can extract them with vgmstream (however you choose to install it).

.texatlas files are files that define other images inside a larger image. They are also a tab separated csv, so they're super easy to open and understand.

.pvr files are a special image format that csn be opened with PVRTexTool (Imagination Tech are the creator of pvr files, so this is the same program that gameloft probably used to create them). In order to download it, you do have to create an account, but at least it's free.

.loc files are the localization files, so they contain all the text in the game.

.rk files are the 3d models, which can be read inĀ Noesis with this plugin (yes, the plugin was made for the gameloft Ice Age game, but it also happens to use the same format as the MLP gameloft game).

.anim files are presumably the animation files for the models, although I'm not sure how to read them (and how they're formatted), but they look like they are still in the RK format.
Thanked by: