The VG Resource
Megaman Universe. - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Megaman Universe. (/thread-14135.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Megaman Universe. - Alpha Six - 09-02-2010

http://www.destructoid.com/first-look-at-mega-man-universe-in-action-182990.phtml

It's Mega Man classic. Nothing new except playable Ryu and apparently you can make your own levels. And a shitty new art style.

No thanks. I'll sit this one out.

RE: Megaman Universe. - Ton - 09-02-2010

[Update: Don't like the look of Mega Man in the above video? It looks like 1UP and GameSpot also got their hands on exclusive Mega Man Universe trailers. They're all kind of the same, but not really... they each feature a different looking Mega Man. Can you spot the difference and figure out which Mega Man is from which series of games?

EDIT: So it looks like it's Classic Megaman, Chibi old-school looking Megaman, "Bad Box Art" Megaman, and Ryu so far.

RE: Megaman Universe. - StarSock64 - 09-02-2010

Even -I- can't get excited if all it is is, "hey look mega man with more characters!"

The constant hype and hinting that Capcom's been trying to push makes me think there must be more, but if not I really don't think more characters is a game-changer. They make good Mega Man games. I'll enjoy it. Will I want to play it over and over as a thousand different characters? Experimenting could be a little fun at first, but I'll probably end up picking two or three that I like and use them all the time and only feel like beating each level once.

And I'm too lame to get the most out of level editors. 'Least they tried something besides 8-bit I guess. I don't even mind the overall art style, but the way mega man looks is ehhh... Of course I could always play as someone else or a different mega man.

I'll be buying it anyway though! ...Unless somehow it's Kinect. I won't be buying it if it's Kinect.

RE: Megaman Universe. - Vipershark - 09-02-2010

wow, this
looks like shit

i'll be skipping this one

(where is my MMX game, Capcom?)

RE: Megaman Universe. - DioShiba - 09-02-2010

I don't really know wether or not I should judge the game based on graphics, but tbh i'm liking the direction of the gameplay.

Knowing capcom though they'll probably make this more of a remake of MM2, at least the graphics aren't like MM: PU

RE: Megaman Universe. - Rökkan - 09-02-2010

ehhhhhhh

RE: Megaman Universe. - Cobalt Blue - 09-02-2010

"it looks like capcom's version of Konami's wai wai world mixed with little big plannet"

RE: Megaman Universe. - tsr moderation staff - 09-04-2010

i'm guessing by the 'universe' title that it will be like lbp with a big level making network or something but idk

looks fun though

RE: Megaman Universe. - StarSock64 - 09-04-2010

So I didn't understand it this way until yesterday

They're calling regular-looking MM Rockman and the ugly one Mega Man? I see what you think of us now Capcom.

I see...

RE: Megaman Universe. - Vipershark - 09-04-2010

maybe this is the start of capcom calling megaman by his original name all over the world? Other companies have been doing that recently (changing Dragon Warrior back to Dragon Quest, for example.)

or they'll just localize both to megaman in america

It's not just the name though

they're making them seperate, different-looking characters

I guess that's how they think westerners see mega man, since it's supposed to include "everyone's" mega man. I don't think it has much to do with franchise names, just capcom's want to include everybody's "perception." I don't know, I find Capcom's interest in what westerners like pretty strange and I think when they try to cater to that they usually suck at it.

RE: Megaman Universe. - tsr moderation staff - 09-04-2010

the first thing i thought when i saw american megaman was
[Image: kirby_gets_tough.jpg]

RE: Megaman Universe. - DioShiba - 09-04-2010

(09-04-2010, 04:14 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: It's not just the name though

they're making them seperate, different-looking characters

I guess that's how they think westerners see mega man, since it's supposed to include "everyone's" mega man. I don't think it has much to do with franchise names, just capcom's want to include everybody's "perception." I don't know, I find Capcom's interest in what westerners like pretty strange and I think when they try to cater to that they usually suck at it.

if they used the artwork on the classic boxart games then that would have made alot more sense.

I'm neutral with the graphics, I mean I know they're supposed to represent classic megaman style for a new generation, I respect that. But why bother using the graphics if they can't be used in their full poteintial? because the gameplay trailer compared to the promotional trailer, the graphics on the game itself seem way worse then the promotional trailer.

(09-04-2010, 05:04 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: if they used the artwork on the classic boxart games then that would have made alot more sense.

They did.

It's yet ANOTHER version of MM they have on there. They got the old gramps orange one.

RE: Megaman Universe. - DioShiba - 09-04-2010

(09-04-2010, 05:08 PM)StarSock64 Wrote:
(09-04-2010, 05:04 PM)masterofdioga Wrote: if they used the artwork on the classic boxart games then that would have made alot more sense.

They did.

It's yet ANOTHER version of MM they have on there. They got the old gramps orange one.
Wasn't exactly speaking of that artwork in specific though
[Image: MegamanBox.jpg]
[img]not gonna let me load megaman 2 boxart[/img]
[Image: Megaman9cover.jpg]
[Image: Megaman10.jpg]
I mean, if they used something like these it could appeal to western audiences, These graphics though seem kind of out of place compared with the NES games.