Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Maneko's Unusual Sprites
all of the styles you're utilizing are also incredibly similar to eachother. it's as if there's no real point in making any differentiation between them.
Thanked by:
As I said, is because I make them to be used in a comic, and I have no interest at all in mimicing a game sprite style or follow a color limitation because I'm not a game maker.
Don't get me wrong: I would love to, but to put it simple, I don't have the same free time I used to, so I stick with my main hobby, aka making comics.

Now, what I do care (and a LOT) is getting comments and criticism about the shape, the proportions and general design of the stuff I sprite, so women could look like women, guys could look like guys and whatever action or stance I give to them could be understood.

3 posts and nobody has said a single word about how the sprite's look, though.
Thanked by:
Quote:As I said, is because I make them to be used in a comic, and I have no interest at all in mimicing a game sprite style or follow a color limitation because I'm not a game maker.
what does that have to do with anything? that's totally irrelevant. its about experimenting yourself and actually utilizing the art form for what it is capable of, not mimicking at all. what you're doing now is mimicking.

Quote:3 posts and nobody has said a single word about how the sprite's look, though.
ok, i guess.
Thanked by:
if misty got telekinetic powers then it makes sense that she makes absolutely no effort to throw an object.
Thanked by: Maneko
*FACEPALM*
See, now THAT was useful and I wonder how in the hell coud I forget to take the body motion in consideration.

Quote:what you're doing now is mimicking.

Either you are trolling or you are really, really dense.
[Image: 9e99814ea5fa601771ca10ed7cb810b4.png]

I see no "mimicing" here, only evolution.

Anyways, since you guys like to abide so much to rules and since I'm going to make something that IS supposed to look like a NES sprite, I have a question:
As I said before, I'm planning to make a Duck Avenger game (also known as Paperinik or Patomás) in NES style, to homage Capcom's old Disney games. The problem is, Nes sprites can only use 3 colors and Donald's super hero costume uses four: black, blue, red and yellow, plus the white color for Donald's face and hands.
So, what can I do here? None of these colors are prescindible.
Thanked by:
your colours and use of black lines are atrocious

peace!!!!
Thanked by: PrettyNier, Cobalt Blue, Gors
(06-28-2010, 08:06 PM)Maneko Wrote: So, what can I do here? None of these colors are prescindible.
but one of them is predominant. darkwing's main color is purple.

purple for clothing
white for skin/non pruple areas
black for shadows,

voila, darkwing nes sprite.(though you'd learn that from those ngpc sprites).
Thanked by:
Keep talking like that and probably I will make it in plain NGP style just to make you bitch "YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO THINGS I DON'T LIKE!" some more. Big Grin
Thanked by:
(06-28-2010, 09:09 PM)Maneko Wrote: Keep talking like that and probably I will make it in plain NGP style just to make you bitch "YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO THINGS I DON'T LIKE!" some more. Big Grin

[Image: Shrug.jpg]
Thanked by: Alpha Six
(06-28-2010, 08:06 PM)Maneko Wrote: Either you are trolling or you are really, really dense.
[Image: 9e99814ea5fa601771ca10ed7cb810b4.png]

I see no "mimicing" here, only evolution.

I see three Felicias.

And the 'newer' two are too similar they share the same flaws

Black outlining, lack of contrast, some lines being angular, etc.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
(06-27-2010, 10:58 PM)Maneko Wrote: Man, how long has been? Ok, so I decided to give Misty a less "male" air by giving her a more femenine stance and polishing her outline's shape, but the problem is, I want to give her a tomboy air, because Misty is not supposed to be femenine to begin. (As much, Misty can be considered as cute, but not pretty.)

[Image: f0bc7e8483173d2737c09932e11a5b7f.png]

The first row are revised versions of the original sprites, the bottom row ditched the NGP bases to use scratched legs. Suggestions?
Erm, Escuse me if I say this but...Changing the pose isn't gonna really change the fact that that sprite looks like a man cosplaying. Sorry.

Her legs a too wide, and have no curvature. Is that the style?
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by:
all you need to do is give it more boobs bro.
Thanked by:
(06-29-2010, 08:47 PM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: all you need to do is give it more boobs bro.

Exactly! I knew something was missing!
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by:
(06-29-2010, 08:48 PM)Iceman404 Wrote:
(06-29-2010, 08:47 PM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: all you need to do is give it more boobs bro.

Exactly! I knew something was missing!

boobs, hips, waist, etc.

its meant to look like a girl's caricature, so basically you have to exagerate.
Thanked by: Iceman404
Except that she is not supposed to have boobs. She is 12, after all. (In that sense, May always creeped me out a bit, btw)
If you think that girls of that age are meant to be "sexy" then honestly I hope the Party Van is already headed to your home, because dammit, guys.

Also, thanks a lot for parroting out what everyone already said w/o adding absolutely nothing of value, Iceman. You are a bright ray of sunshine, you know?
Seriously, it's all rainbows and puppies out of your mouth when you go and copy what the top feeders already said.

Also, boop.

[Image: 03bbfcb86398a380dc3d1952cb6c499a.png]

Bitch away.
Thanked by: