Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Project Luna - A Sailor Moon Fan Game Project Thread
Heart 
[Image: DUGonbs.png]
So I mentioned in my help request thread that I'm working on a Sailor Moon fangame using RPG Maker MZ.  I'm going to use this as my progress thread, in hopes that I can keep the momentum going with this project, and not succumb to ADHD. Because that never happens.  Rolleyes

First, some screen shots:
Opening screen; just about everything but the title and the background is animated in some way:
Some menu screens, experimenting with making the background of it pink, though I may need to make a different colored border for the system graphics:
I'm working on the walking sprites at the moment, using Usagi's civilian sprite as an experiment for what template style I wanted to use.  I put her together with some template parts from Game Character Hub, as well as some parts from an old sprite I made back in ye olden days.

[Image: wuIIQK3.png]

Hoping to show off more as the game progresses.
Thanked by:
I got a question for this fan game. Will it have dialogue based off the DiC dub or the Viz Media dub?
Fēng shén yīng jié chuán OST
My Mario RPG goals
Friend Code for Super Bomberman R-2: 04-288-8899
Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6972-0414-2706
[Image: Forums-Icon-For-Pixiv.png]
Thanked by: Skyla Doragono
Probably not. I'm going off of headcanon for a good chunk of this, but also drawing a lot of inspiration from the manga/Crystal version.
Thanked by:
Small update; I've finished the sprite for Queen Serenity, whom you'll play as in the beginning of the story.

[Image: wkF6pUk.png]

As you can probably tell, there's a reason I did Usagi first; that hair style is going to get a lot of use, and blonde colors are easier to pick out when spriting.

I've also finished some music tracks.  For the opening splash, I have a music box version of the main theme, which I sequenced using sheet music from Ichigo's Sheet Music.  I also have the battle theme, which I made from the battle theme in the SNES Sailor Moon RPG.  The song really works for a battle theme, and it loops easily, so I figured why not use it here?

I'll show off more in future updates, like how for cutscenes I'm opting to style them like Phantasy Star IV's comic book-like cut-ins.  I feel that style will provide more character emotion than RPG Maker's built in emoji system.
Thanked by: Kold-Virus
oooh i cant wait to see how this comes out i need a good Sailor Moon RPG
Thanked by: